FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

iTunes 7.1 sound

Talk2Tom11
I have a creative 7.1 sound system connected to my pc. I have a 7.1 card in my pc as well. For some reason only when i use JetAudio will it use all the speakers. iTunes only used 2 speakers. does anyone know of a way for me to be able to use all 7 in iTunes. or at least 5? i am playing mp3 and m4a files if that has anything to do with it. Also JetAudio only plays the mp3 files through them all... not the m4a ones.
asianwannabe999
Usually music is in stereo, especially compressed mp3 files. Therefore, unless you have some sort of software spreader that distributes your stereo into 7.1 "virtual" channels or you have something like my logitech speakers' "Matrix" mode which through hardware distributes the sound to 7.1, it should naturally be playing through only a stereo setup. Your JetAudio program probably is doing extra work to distribute your music to 7.1.
Talk2Tom11
asianwannabe999 wrote:
Usually music is in stereo, especially compressed mp3 files. Therefore, unless you have some sort of software spreader that distributes your stereo into 7.1 "virtual" channels or you have something like my logitech speakers' "Matrix" mode which through hardware distributes the sound to 7.1, it should naturally be playing through only a stereo setup. Your JetAudio program probably is doing extra work to distribute your music to 7.1.

Thanks for the idea... I checked with the creative software that comes with the speakers... they have settings that I changed... now it works great. Thanks