FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

est, pst

Blaster
Well I don't think that the rest of the world does this but i know us americans do at least most anyway. Well we have day light savings time. Well it comes an sends us ahead or back some http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time

Well i was woundering if you could find a way or make something so that like est time zone is used and it will move back the time and all for you. Just a little suggestion.
Hogwarts
Blaster wrote:
Well I don't think that the rest of the world does this but i know us americans do at least most anyway. Well we have day light savings time. Well it comes an sends us ahead or back some http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time

Well i was woundering if you could find a way or make something so that like est time zone is used and it will move back the time and all for you. Just a little suggestion.

The way you say it... Wouldn't work.

For example, here in Australia we are in something like three or four different timezones, and only some states have DST. Adelaide and Darwin are in the same timezone, yet only Adelaide (South Australia) has DST.

Still, it's a good idea Smile

The timezone thing could be changed to something like...
Adelaide (GMT+9:30)(DST)
Darwin (GMT+9:30)
Or something along the lines of that.
Blaster
Yea that would work too. I guess you pull up a good point. That must be kind of weird for you guys. Very Happy
garionw
Yeah,

Tassie have been on Daylight savings now for how long? and to top that off, were ahead of NSW for the month of October and so all live TV shows get broadcast an hour later Twisted Evil

I just bumped my timezone up an hour
Blaster
Thats what i did too but some people don't relize that and stuff messes them up.
Vrythramax
You can change the time zone and how posts are displayed in your preferences.

It would simple not work for an International forum if everything was displayed in a uniform time.

DST US on the East Coast is GMT -500, just do the simple math for your timezone.

EDIT: It has been pointed out to me that maybe Frihost should write special programming for people who (dare I say) are too lazy to change thier timezones twice a year.....does anyone actually realize all of the factors that would go into making this kind of forum into user specific timezoning? Keep in mind people....this is a FREE WebHost and Forum....do your part to keep it that way.

-closed-