FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Solar Eclipse from space.... NASA

eznet
On March 12, 2007 NASA scientist calibrated observational equipment with a unique tuning technique… via solar eclipse… The tests were obviously planned well in advance (repositioning began in Dec) but never the less, this is a breathtaking and slightly, exciting, and somewhat unnerving (I suppose to a level) thing to observe.
Think about it… nearly empty space…. So much material pulled together in the void, such a massive conglomeration of gases and miscellaneous elements that gravity is established to the degree of extreme pressure and then, inevitably, combustion… then, you have the sun..one of many… but this one, our sun….. a huge, energetic ball of exploding gas…. floating… in space… really, really far off….but so enormous that it still dwarfs our moon despite its being millions and millions of miles farther away….91-95 million miles (depending on our position in our orbit traversal) farther away…. driving everything and anything that we know to ‘be’ on this planet… outside of the rocks (but them too to a degree…)….
wow.
Really, Check out the videos… the large if you have the speed… its worth it.
LINK TO NASA
rheanna
Looked more like an Embryo flying by.. lol Went so fast I couldn't tell if there was a fetus in there.
spam
I saw that too, pretty cool, was gonna post it but you beat me to it Smile Anyway i'll post this cool pic of a sunspot here instead, from wikipedia..

looks like i imagine hell would if it wasn't just some made up place from an old dusty book Very Happy, regards, spam
Nerdlings
Wow that's awesome! Go NASA it's truly amazing what they do
eznet
Yes, NASA does, in fact, rule! I can honestly say that some of the coolest things that I see on the net is what I can find on NASA's site. The sun is really, really interesting - aside from the fact it is the only reason there is any life on our planet, just to even think about its size and the fact that there is so much gas ablaze out there is amazing! I really, really, really hope that there is one day affordable space travel for regular citizens!

spam wrote:
I saw that too, pretty cool, was gonna post it but you beat me to it Smile Anyway i'll post this cool pic of a sunspot here instead, from wikipedia..

looks like i imagine hell would if it wasn't just some made up place from an old dusty book Very Happy, regards, spam

Wikipedia; always a good source Very Happy You do get the distinct feeling of Dante's or something such Smile