FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Test & Debug php script

darence
Is it possible to test and debug php script stored on my HDD before uploading to my server? I think that's possible, but I dont know which program to use. Maybe Dreamweaver? How....?
Thanks
rheanna
Myphpadmin
www.phpmyadmin.net

Virtual web server so you can run the script
MrBlueSky
Download and install easyphp to run and test your scripts on your own computer before uploading them.
ncwdavid
There is a php editor called Zend Studio I think and it has a php debugger built in. So once you have finished you script you can save it and debug it for errors in only a few seconds with having to move it to a new folder or uploading it but it is fairly expensive.
outofnicks
If you want to get serious about it, set up a local linux server on an old PC. You don't need a lot of processor power for a test server, an old Pentium 3 would do fine. Ubuntu would be a good flavor of linux, well supported and popular. Apache, MySQL and PHP together on Linux make what is known as a LAMP server package, the most commonly used and proven setup. You can set it up to be identical to your www server space.
darence
MrBlueSky wrote:
Download and install easyphp to run and test your scripts on your own computer before uploading them.

Ok, I have downloaded easy php, but how to run my php script?