FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Any 14 year old (or younger) web designers out there?

jylan
Yep, I'm wondering whether there are any 14 year old or below web designers out there. I don't care if you are just starting out, or if you are experienced, I just want to know if you are there.

My website is http://www.briterwebdesign.com/. If you are 14 years old or even younger, please reply and post your website too if you have one. Smile .
Loghete
I'm 14 and I did have my website http://www.westgames.frih.net that I had designed myself, but I moved to Cheese Games instead.
MrBlueSky
Maybe you find the story of Ben Woldring interesting. He started his career at 13 with a website he created for a school assignment.

Quote:

In 1999 (age 14), the website Bellen.com registered its 100,000th visitor; a year later, Woldring started the company Bencom B.V. and hired his mother as an employee.
Zenireth
Im 13 i made a site for a band (its flash) its all designed and everything im waiting for text and page ideas from them (all its got is a couple if bits of text here and there nothing important. www.discoverme.frih.net Very Happy
Blaster
I started at age 12 with what i am doing today. Before i tried to do stuff and worked with zoomshare for a bit. Then i came here and was taught. What i know now. I'm currently 14 going on 15 next mounth. (wow frihost is almost 2) Well anyhow i've created many sites and also help out with many sites also. www.blaster.hlfusion.net/personal and www.letsfilm.net are two sites that i have up now. Also i'm working at another place called <removed by Wumingsden> (its a web host so i can't post a link) and working with someone that is actually pretty good friends with bondings. (or at least used to be) So there I started to learn about how servers and web hosting work and all. I also am apart of the web design team known as DDS. (mainly from frihost probley remember us)

So i mean its a pretty interesting thing i think. Its all good. I think if you start young then its a good thing.
Hogwarts
I'm into webdesign...
I make and sell web templates on namepros (Coded, of course). I kind of haven't sold any because I don't have a reputation yet.. Tryin' to pay for this accursed server of mine Razz

I can do loads of things for my websites Smile
*Html
*CSS (These two I'm very good at Smile)
*PHP (I'm not 1337 at it... Unlike NcwDavid Razz... Who's helping me learn it.)
*Javascript (I can do a moderately large amount of it)
*Graphic design (Who can't?)
*A bit of flash.

Still, I can't stand to make the templates for my own sites because I'll just be too picky (With the logic "I think I can make that better", and then I just restart Sad))
MrBlueSky
Hogwarts wrote:

I can't! I hate it, and totally suck at it. I can make things work, but I can't make them look good. The same goes for GUI's. Crying or Very sad

Anyway, that's offtopic. Rolling Eyes
hack_man_
I started doing websites when I was eleven (or twelve, can't remember), but that was just mucking around with FrontPage! Now I am developing several websites for people, but can't decide what to do with my own hosting space here! So that has just festered and I am planning to give it up until I can come up with an original idea.

Hogwarts wrote:
Still, I can't stand to make the templates for my own sites because I'll just be too picky (With the logic "I think I can make that better", and then I just restart Sad))

Ha Ha! That's me! I am making three for him and all he has done is get me a .info domain.
Disaster-Pieces
jylan wrote:
Yep, I'm wondering whether there are any 14 year old or below web designers out there. I don't care if you are just starting out, or if you are experienced, I just want to know if you are there.

My website is http://www.briterwebdesign.com/. If you are 14 years old or even younger, please reply and post your website too if you have one. Smile .

I'm 13 skinny and lazy Razz (Strange combination) anyway once i get my site up and running ill post it here but till then...
youll just have to wait Very Happy
reddishblue
Hogwarts wrote:

Most people can't do it...well Wink And thats why people...like you...including you ask me to do it Laughing
jylan
Thanks for all those replies! It is good to see so many kids my age interested in web design. Disaster-Pieces, I am looking forward to seeing your website, please get it on soon!

Blaster, I like your blog as you obviously put a lot of time into it. The lets-film site doesn't look complete though, and I think it needs more color that it currently has. Defection Design Studios is nice too, although I think that the music is unnecessary and the navigation buttons would look nicer with a roll-over.

Zenireth, I tried to access the site that you made, but the square spinner just kept spinning and the content didn't load. I have dial-up, so would that be a file-size problem or just a fault?

Loghete, nice design for your website, I love the clean feel and the colour scheme! The graphics are nice too.

Once again, thanks for all the responses. I would love some more, so if you fit the criteria please post! Very Happy
mathiaus
Feel free to create a similar topic, just without the young ages being pointlessly mentioned.
-closed-