FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

IPB?

Judgement
Do you guys this that this host will support IPB v2.1 or 2.2? If not, I have to say that this is the best hosting site I have ever seen. I plan to use this host no matter the answer to this question.
pashmina
Quote:
A) The following is strictly forbidden on our servers
6. vBulletin, IPB and other paid forums/software.

Its not allowed.
refer to TOS at http://www.frihost.com/tos.php
Aimewitue
you must have a licence (purchase the script) to use it no?
pashmina
I guess its not allowed even if you have a licence
Vrythramax
You are quite correct, it is not allowed on Frihost servers.
saratdear
Vrythramax wrote:

But is it really impossible? If you can somehow convince Bondings with the license and all, couldn't you get allowed to host it?
Scorpio
Vrythramax wrote:

Not exactly. That is the general rule, I am afraid. But in case you are able to prove to Bondings that the license you have for IPB is the original one, then you can use it

But, Heck, if you had a 200$ license, you wouldn't be at a free hosting service
garionw
and besides, PHPBB3 does everything IPB does without the need for messy licenses
pashmina
scorpio wrote:
Vrythramax wrote:

Not exactly. That is the general rule, I am afraid. But in case you are able to prove to Bondings that the license you have for IPB is the original one, then you can use it

But, Heck, if you had a 200$ license, you wouldn't be at a free hosting service
Indeed a very good point. Buying a IPB license means doing some serious business or work.
Scorpio
[quote="pashmina"]
scorpio wrote:
Vrythramax wrote:

But, Heck, if you had a 200$ license, you wouldn't be at a free hosting service[/quote Buying a IPB license means doing some serious business or work.

Or of course that you are filthy rich and have no clue how to blow your money..
Blaster
Ok look do i have to do this game again. http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-354173.html#354173
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-128833.html#128833
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-125130.html#125130
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-65630.html#65630

Now if you wan't i can keep showing the same thing over and over. But my point is if you have a vaild license your ok. Bondings said it not me.

Also don't listen to anyone else about if your allowed or not. The correct answer is given by bondings... don't listen to teh staff (about this and this only) listen to bondings.

(sorry if this offended any staff members. I don't mean it to offend any of you i just mean it as informational. If you have a problem please just contact me through pm about it. Don't start a big ordeal abou it)
Animal
Blaster wrote:
Ok look do i have to do this game again.
Now if you wan't i can keep showing the same thing over and over. But my point is if you have a vaild license your ok. Bondings said it not me.

Also don't listen to anyone else about if your allowed or not. The correct answer is given by bondings... don't listen to teh staff (about this and this only) listen to bondings.

And when did you become the voice of Frihost, Blaster?

The official line is that IPB Forums are not allowed on Frihost. However, cases are examined on an individual basis, so if you were very keen to use IPB with your Frihost account, create a new topic in the Request an Account Change forum We would then take it from there, although you would be required to provide a full receipt of your purchase and most likely some proof of identity to show that it's actually your name on the license. If you could provide all this data, we might let you host IPB here. If not, you won't be allowed to.

Blaster wrote:
(sorry if this offended any staff members. I don't mean it to offend any of you i just mean it as informational. If you have a problem please just contact me through pm about it. Don't start a big ordeal abou it)

Shhh How about just stop talking. Run your own forums please, not ours.

The initial question has been answered, so I'll -close- this thread to prevent more "helpful" replies.