FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Lord of the Rings Online

jsk02a
Hey folks,

Turbine has developed a "Lord of the Rings" MMORPG. If you pre-order the game they'll let you play in the "Open Beta" that starts March 30ths. I played in the closed beta some and it is truly an amazing game. I would suggest that if you're interested in this sort of thing you pick it up.

If you pre-order the game (http://lotro.com/founder) they even give you a special $9.99/mo discounted rate (as opposed to the regular $14.99).

Thanks!
Jason
spaz-o
As tempting as it all sounds, paying $10 a month for a game seems pretty... well it's not going to happen. Even though I've seen the game and it looks amazing.

Ah, if only I didn't lack the funds for it...
jsk02a
Yeah I understand Spaz,

I thought the same thing until I played WoW....figured I'd give it a shot. However, that $10/mo is going towards an ever growing game...new content, etc being added...so I don't mind the cost. Turbine, as far as I know, has never charged for an expansion either...unlike some other companies...so, I think it's well worth it..and with the founder's package it's only $10/mo as opposed to $15...that's a lot of savings in the long-run. I chose to do the $10/mo as opposed to the $199 lifetime fee because, hey...maybe I only play it for 1 year and that's only $120 as opposed ot the $199 I paid.
the6thfactor
Definitely something I am going to try out when it's released. I'm a WoW fanatic atm, but I have seen and heard way too much about this to not give it a go Cool
jsk02a
Yeah, I played WoW for almost two years....got a level 70 warlock and half-way into Karazhan...but man...the content was still just lacking...

I played LOTR whent hey had a "stress test" weekend....never made it into the beta...but that one weekend got me hooked...I'm just waiting for the release now.