FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Opt in! Looks or Personality?






Looks or Personality?
Looks! Ohhh baby!
36%
 36%  [ 9 ]
Personality! You're so funny!
64%
 64%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 25

b|ade
Be honest.
I know everyone I know would actually go for looks. I am talking in terms of meeting and conversing with people, not necessarily sex OR dating, but rather in general. Which trait would you rather have? It seems as if in today's world looks do get you further in life, in terms of comfort. But in actuality, do people like Paris Hilton for her looks? Or her personality? I'm pretty sure no one knows Paris' actual personality. I think what I'm trying to do is not really open people's eyes, but rather "survey" and get opinions. What would you go for?
imera
for me it's more about personality. I can say that I have liked someone for their looks, but I never went over to talk with them. Most people with looks is just asholes, they hide their personality and knowlegement behind their looks so people would like them. People would still go out with a girl even if she was bad, or realy stupid. People care to much of what other peoplethinks to think by themselves. People is just so shallow, to much, even if they don't want to admit it. Just a few would go out with someone that has no looks at all but brain.
bluefossil
like Stephen Colbert said, "You can't judge the book by its cover... but who wants to make out with a book anyways?"
glabase
looks... i know it should be personality though Confused

personality really does matter to me... i wouldn't go out with a stunner if she was a horrible person - i guess i'd give her a good seein to for one night or two (if ya know what i mean ) and then just run away Laughing Wink
madc0w
I can't stand shallow, self absorbed women, so personality has always been huge for me. I'm lucky enough now that my wife has both, but I've "been known" to date women that were not... physically attractive in one or more ways, but they made me happy because it was their personality and behaviour that turned me on.

It's not to say that all attractive women are lacking good personality, it's just that our culture has influenced attractive women to carry themselves in a way uses their beauty as a tool and also a crutch and it's just really unfortunate.
Disaster-Pieces
imera wrote:
for me it's more about personality. I can say that I have liked someone for their looks, but I never went over to talk with them. Most people with looks is just asholes, they hide their personality and knowlegement behind their looks so people would like them. People would still go out with a girl even if she was bad, or realy stupid. People care to much of what other peoplethinks to think by themselves. People is just so shallow, to much, even if they don't want to admit it. Just a few would go out with someone that has no looks at all but brain.



Well, Personality but i wouldnt go out with someone if they look like crap...
So really its a mix of both.
xkobram
I think i like people because of their personality, i think you cant like people before knowing their personality. BUT when people decide, who to know better, they LOOK.

People with better look are more liked, because more people go to know them better. Noone has personality which nobody would like.

E.G. there are two people. Same chance to be liked if we look on personality. But one has better look and second worse. So if they met 100 people where 50 could be interested in personality of our two, 25 of that 50 wouldnt find out that the worse-looking one has as good personality as that better-looking, because of his look...
Petee
Disaster-Pieces wrote:
Well, Personality but i wouldnt go out with someone if they look like crap...
So really its a mix of both.

Same here. I'd say looks draws me in first, and then personality decides whether I stay or not Laughing
Joking aside, a person's personality is really important to me. There are plenty of attractive girls at my school, but I don't like most of them, because they don't have good personalities.
I love my girlfriend because of her personality, although the looks are good too Wink
Drawingguy
If I had to choose between the hot girl with the good disposition and the homely girl with the pleasant demanor, I would go with the hot one every time. To an extent, though, after the first couple of encounters, looks start to lose value. You may start dating someone because they look good, but you continue dating someone because of their personality. I guess, then, that a good personality is more important.
Azmo
imera wrote:
Most people with looks is just asholes, they hide their personality and knowlegement behind their looks so people would like them.


I'm realy sorry, but that realy pisses me off. Cause that's so not true.. that's from person to person, boys/girls wether they look "good" or don't.. I'm not saying I'm one of these great looking people, I do get alot of compliments tho, but that statement did offend me, how can you say such a thing?

"all good looking people are fake?", well here is one thing, you do think with your brain, not with your looks, that means that miss universe thinks just as good as me and you.. and she is realy beautiful, and smart to, cause i can't win that contest unless you are smart, got knowledge about politic and stuff.

Here is the difference I think you are refering to.. if you look good, it prob give you good confidence, ye u get a lot of compliments and stuff.. wile people who dont look good doesnt..

a) there is no reason people with good or bad looks should do or act in any specific way, however, it tends to be like that anyways.. usually this common thing to say "good people are partying and hanging out and never study, and less good looking people play video games and study all the time" .. no reason for anything to be like that.. I know alot of good looking people that study realy hard to reach their goals.. and alot of "less good looking" people who never study..

b) there is rly no such thing as good or bad looking.. it's all about carisma.. how many of this beautiful and "stuiped" girls have you seen w/o makeup and stuff? they are normal people, just like all the rest of us, but with makeup they look realy good..

c) the reason I belive you think they are more stuiped is cause with confidence u get more secure of urself, and you say stuff.. you can say something that's so wrong everyone is laughing at you but you dont feel bad about it.. do that in class and some people might thing "gosh she is so blonde" but infact she was just asking what 3 more people where thinking, and asking because she did not know.. she learnd something, ok you might alrdy know it, but she asked and learned..

my impression is that alot of "less good people" with no confidence don't do this kinda thing, more worried that this "cool and hot" people would laugh at them instead. Wich makes them feel insecure..

anyways, point is.. dont judge people for their looks.. and dont say that everyone of a special kind is in a certain way... do you claim that all black people are thieves and that all from iraq are murders and always looking for a fight?

please, think before you say something like that
rheanna
You need another option for both. ;o) I'm picky.
frozenhead
I do look into looks to be honest though personality is far more important to me.

I may say 50 - 50?

I dunno, I guess I'm picky too!? Rolling Eyes
SyncM
Looks make you go to the girl personality make you stay after the night. Personalyti is inportant if you will live with the girl but god look gives a big +
Azmo
well isn't the thing that it must be an attraction, if there is no attraction you have nothing together.. however, an attraction must not be fysically, can be in your mind aswell..
Whong
Looks never last, but a personality is what will be always. If you choose a very pretty girl who has a really nasty temper, you'll probably end up things with her quite soon, but then again a not that pretty girl might be very gentle and kind and you might end up living the rest of your life with her, because of her personality not looks! Wink

It isn't easy to choose the rightone, but if you get the right one then you're really blessed!
bluefossil
Stephen Colbert once said, "never judge a book by it's cover.... but who wants to make out with a book anyways??"
jay84h
For me, I like personality the most. It's fun to have a laugh with your partner and carry on at times. Someone wth good looks may turn out to be just stuck up "ohh, I gotta check my make-up, I gotta do this and that". Personality is the vote for me, fairly good looks are just a bonus.
spazbutt32
The looks are the hook, but the personality is the glue.

Another extemporaneous metaphor from my crap factory. (read: mind)
HoboPelican
spazbutt32 wrote:
The looks are the hook, but the personality is the glue.

Another extemporaneous metaphor from my crap factory. (read: mind)


lol...May I offer an adjustment to avoid the mixed metaphor? How about looks are the lure, personality is the hook? Although, it sounds kinda mean....


I think, if I don't know someone, looks can be the initial attraction for me, but I've also noticed that the more I like someone, the cuter they look... So in the end, it's personality that is what keeps me hanging around. Smile
spazbutt32
HoboPelican wrote:
spazbutt32 wrote:
The looks are the hook, but the personality is the glue.

Another extemporaneous metaphor from my crap factory. (read: mind)


lol...May I offer an adjustment to avoid the mixed metaphor? How about looks are the lure, personality is the hook? Although, it sounds kinda mean....


I think, if I don't know someone, looks can be the initial attraction for me, but I've also noticed that the more I like someone, the cuter they look... So in the end, it's personality that is what keeps me hanging around. Smile


That's what I was sorta trying to express. A fish can still get off a hook pretty easily. The looks "catch" your eye but a great personality is the caulk that builds a water-tight relationship. Very Happy

..okay, I'm no good at being metaphorical, I'm leaving now.
QrafTee
Well I say personality because girls I find attractive doesn't seem to "wow" any of my friends. So I guess I don't like those "hot girls" with the right looks. I mean some girls are hot... but I don't see them as really attractive... and some are just bitches anyway so... Mad
Karupoiss
In Estonia, we have many hot girls but very big percent of them are bossy and picking and sadly quite often stupid also. But there are pretty girls with good personality also. And boy, do they have friends or what - like dosens of friends. And if I like one of THOSE girls then I have a very strong competition. That is the sad thing.

Anyway...I personally like girls by their looks. ( Yeah, I know, I'm a bastard, but that's what I am, I can't change that ) But if I see that the girls is very pretty but her personality is really bad then the girl looks not so pretty for me anymore. It's like my brain changes the looks of the girls by the girls personality.

I agree,
Quote:
The look is the hook, but the personality is the glue.
supjapscrapper
Hey, honestly, looks matters, and may even make you choose to talk to a certain person and not to another one, but really, I am extremely attracted to girls with humour and who are intelligent, it is because I talk so much and I myself very funny Very Happy (just come and talk to me you'll see lol)

No seriously, in the order, the things that would make me wanna spend time with a girl are:
1. Humour,
2. Intelligence and culture
3. Sports
4. Looks

Of course I would be hypocretical to say looks don't matter, but once you really think about it, you'll see that you'll get bored to death with many girls who look like very happy with themselves.... Imera has somewhat right, many girls I have known (either through friends or while going out) that dress very seductive, really hide the fact that they are not that interesting, and even don't feel so good about themselves, playing hard to get, so if you wan play the game. I really rarely met girls who are very sexy, know it and are interesting at the same time.
riyadh
for me...i go after personality when it comes to making frndz. it's kinda insensitive to make frndz based on their looks. but i have to say i'm in the middle when it comes to dating someone. i like grls who have good personalities but i do tend to go after the ones who have good personalities and have good looks.
budiman
I think both personality and look are very important. Personality will enchance your relationship and look will improve your social life style.
Aiz
Although looks will always be a factor whether people realize it or not, for me, personality is the most important of the two.

My friends actually laughed at me because I have a list of things that I can and cannot accept in a guy. The only two things that pertains to looks was height and no facial hair (T_T).

I mean, think about it, if you got together with someone and married them, you'll be living with a person, not just a pretty face attached to a hot body. Then, 20 years down the road, who knows what would happen.

I'd rather live with someone who is caring and not good looking than some dude who doesn't know how to treat someone but dead gorgeous.
Aredon
Looks help get the first spark going, after that it starts leaning more towar personality, to the point that it becomes the dominate factor in sucsessful relationships. After all you can meet someone who is drop-dead beautiful, but if they aren't a very nice person you most likely won't be sticking around long. Rolling Eyes
greenwoodmonkey
I have never been described as handsome or attractive by way of looks and have always relied upon the fact I can talk and make people laugh (and sometimes think) to win the "hearts and minds" of others.

Magic works too... especially if performed badly!
Aredon
Magic, in almost every single belief system, can have little or no effect on the hearts and minds of others without dire results on the side of the "caster". So I hope you are meaning illusions and magic tricks as in entertainment. Other than that, yes, humor is a very nice addition to a personality. The secret is knowing when to turn that humor off and be understanding and calm. Which is difficult for most people.
Related topics
A picture of my teacher...
Looks at "Dog Demon" attention...
Ur Opinions
Do u think ur girlfriend materialistic?
Me Thinks....
New! Yahoo! Mail Beta
Do u think the look of a teacher is important?
The severs looks good?
Thinking of change
Pictures of me!
Attractive V Sexy
retouch in photoshop (my first retouch)
Me confessing my love to a married man
Identity and personhood
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Relationships

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.