FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Which is better?

Which is Better?
GoDaddy?
77%
 77%  [ 14 ]
1&1
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 18

b|ade
GoDaddy?
Or 1&1?
I think 1&1 is cheaper and has good tools, but GoDaddy is better in terms of quality and customer support. Any input?
RiCtee
I've got a domain registered with GoDaddy. So far I don't have any problems with it. Kinda good price. Smile
wlb
Almost all of the domain name registration, price is an issue, service is important
Osmodius
I haven't used or heard of 1&1, but I've found Godaddy to be excellent. The site is easy to navigate and they're extremely fast at changing nameservers.
Animal
I personally use both 1&1 and netfirms for my domains. 1&1 are well priced, but if you need full DNS control, they only give you 5 subdomains with a domain-only package. Netfirms are excellent - they offer full DNS control and $4.99 domains for the first year ($9.99 to renew) with free WHOIS privacy forever. I've not used GoDaddy, but I've heard good things about them - their WHOIS privacy services are very expensive though.
mtorregiani
1&1 sucks. Why?
Because I heard that you can't transfer the domains to other user, or something like that.
I'm not sure what was, but al lot of people was selling their 1&1 domains, 'cause were almost useless.
Mamsaac
I have used none, so I can't give an opinion, but I have seen the registration to all of them I for what I see NetFirms sounds as very good for the price.
newso
1&1

They have great deals, buy one year get a year free at the moment. They offer a great service and their customer service is great.

Another really good domain site i use sometimes is namecheap. But my personal favorite is 1&1
dude_xyx
I prefer Godaddy i can't tell anything wrong about them so far except those advertisements. My experience with 1&1 is not great. I'm Not happy with their customer support.
mahirharoon
i too prefer namecheap
Scorpio
I would recommend Namecheap or Dynadot. namecheap has wonderful customer service and the site doesnt look like a billboard unlike godaddy..
v
pikachu25
I like 1&1

Its website is www.1and1.com for those who never hear of it
propeng
GoDaddy's prices are not very bad, and the best for you if you just want a domain name without WHOIS privacy, full DNS control, etc.
georgeodowd
Thanks for all the good advice guys. After some shopping around, I went with NetFirms. (Free) WHOIS privacy is pretty important to me, since a family member was stalked by some very suspicious personalities who found her in the WHOIS db.

- george
andy26
I use godaddy its been easy to use and i haven't had any problems yet, i'll see what happens when i have to renew my domain before i comment on them to much. but it sees fine i also use namecheap buying a .co.uk domain from them was slightly cheaper but the setting are quite advanced and arnt easy to use the first time if your not used to making websites.
Prasad007
Always been a Godaddy customer so far.. never tried the other one... I probably should..