FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Black Dahlia

vertigoflow
I got this off netflix and it took two sittings to get though the 2+ hours of seemingly unrelated subplots and nonsense. I do not recommend it at all.

Number one gripe: The movie was marketed as being about one of the worst unsolved crimes in Hollywood hystery: Elizabeth Short. Her case got about 15 minutes screen time.

I got the impression someone had paid a ghostwriter $5 to come up with a mediocre film noir script and tacked the Dahlia case on as a marketing gimmick. BUT, then I found out it was based on a novel.

Number two gripe: Sometimes it seemed like the characters would do exactly the opposite of what they should be doing, or they're actions just made no sense at all.

**spolier below**
The detectives got a tip she was talking to a woman with a mans suit, and a short man's haircut. He goes to a lesbian bar, great detection work, and there's a woman matching that exact same description singing. Does he question her? Nope. He singles out a long haired woman in a dress. Who later on sleeps with him, cuz you know, that makes a lot of sense Rolling Eyes
**end spoiler**

Any other haters?
scottycrip
I saw it a while ago, so I don't remember what I specifically didn't enjoy about this film, but I'm sure it was very similar to the reasons listed here. Overall a very forgettable film which was not what I expected.

Sometimes I wish I can watch movies without ever seeing a preview or anything so I don't have any expectations. The expectations I have before a movie sometimes make me dislike a movie I would otherwise enjoy at least a little. I end up disliking movies like Titanic because I expect this incredible movie that the previews & the public are making them out to be.
rheanna
I enjoyed it. But, I also agree it was dragged out more then what it should have been but overall it had a good ending.

Don't want to give too much away but a cop get obsessed with trying to find this upcoming actress's murderer.

It's good for those who like the old style movies.

Quote:
**spoiler below**
The detectives got a tip she was talking to a woman with a mans suit, and a short man's haircut. He goes to a lesbian bar, great detection work, and there's a woman matching that exact same description singing. Does he question her? Nope. He singles out a long haired woman in a dress. Who later on sleeps with him, cuz you know, that makes a lot of sense
**end spoiler**

That's far from a spoiler.. Spoiler would be giving away who murdered the actress and The Black Dahlia wasn't the one who killed the upcoming actress. She did however covered up who really did kill the actress. She also took part in the detectives murder which is why his partner killed The Black Dahlia.
onemoment
ive heard so many bad reviews of this film. i suspect its just film critics who are being snobby about the movie, and normal people like it.
i really have to watch it now. Smile too bad i read the spoiler
rheanna
I didn't give the full spoiler away.. You have to watch it if your into those serial killer movies. It's interesting.