FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FRIH$ FOR THE WHIZZ (CALCULUS/ALGEBRA)

defnet
I will give 250 FRIH$ to the person that can help me solve a calculus problem.

The problem is as follows:

Code:
y = -9e^(-10x^2) + .0001x + .379

WHAT I WANT TO DO IS SOLVING FOR X

The eventual statement must look like:

Code:
y = statement

GOOD LUCK!!!
Montressor
defnet wrote:
WHAT I WANT TO DO IS SOLVING FOR X

The eventual statement must look like:

Code:
y = statement

GOOD LUCK!!!

Don't you mean "x=statement", because the equation is already "y=statement", if you're solving for x, then you need to find x in terms of y, which would be best in the form of x="equation in terms of y"...
defnet
Yeah sorry bout that -- typo.

I finally want somethink like
Code:
x=statement

Thanx for noticing that Cool

I tried this one so many times but Im not as good with the ln and e deal and I cant refresh it all cuz I don't have my textbooks and stuff. The internet gives some info but I still can't figure it out. It's kinda hard... As least for morons like me Razz
Montressor
defnet wrote:
I cant refresh it all cuz I don't have my textbooks and stuff. ...morons like me...

I took a quick glance over my old AP calculus review book, and they didn't even bother covering ln's and e's to any sufficient depth because that's pre-calc stuff. So just like you, I knew how to do it at one point in time, and could probably figure it out with enough time and instructional resources, but hopefully there's another guy/gal who enjoyed calculus out there.

Is what you've given us the whole problem, or is it worded differently?
defnet
It's the whole problem...
When i start working it out it seems almost easy then all of a sudden you work yourself in a corner where it all comes down to the same thing (I simplified almost everything but Im stuck with a x in a ln or e function while I have to get rid of that.

Razz Im startin to regret the fact that I didn't stay awake in math-like classes Razz