FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Redirect after report?

Hogwarts
Could a redirect made for after you report something, just like when you post something?

It could just be a simple meta-refresh thing, not sure.

Also, report user should redirect back to that topic and report post should redirect back to that topic but report topic should redirect back to the forum (Because if you report the topic, you shouldn't post in it.)
Scorpio
I totally second this suggestion... I did realise something was amiss with the reporting system Very Happy
Blaster
Yea i also agree to that too. That would put the cherry on top of the reporting system.
tidruG
That's really not a bad idea.
I don't think it ought to take too much time to implement either... of course, I have no clue how the report system has been coded, so don't go by my word.

However, I endorse this idea.
m-productions
Aye! (that means I agree >> )
Bondings
What about a redirect after a few second? I want the text to be visible so the user knows that the report was submitted successfully and also that there won't be any feedback.
m-productions
that works...just like hogwarts said, make it just like when you post, it will say the messgae, redirect after a few seconds, and also have a link to redirect right away... simple and easy (so i think =_=)
garionw
Also, I can choose to report topic 1 if I wish to, its just a matter of changing the variable - maybe it could do a check before you report the post to see if its a valid topic?
Blaster
Bondings wrote:
What about a redirect after a few second? I want the text to be visible so the user knows that the report was submitted successfully and also that there won't be any feedback.

yea make it like when you post a post. How after like 3 seconds it does it.

Also tirduG i know you dont' know the first thing about that kind of stuff... just by looking at your forum Very Happy
tidruG
A time-delayed redirect sounds the best, indeed.

Blaster wrote:
Also tirduG i know you dont' know the first thing about that kind of stuff... just by looking at your forum Very Happy

Hmm... how difficult can it be to look at a person's post, and try to spell their username right? Wink
Anyway, I think I'm now becoming comparatively proficient with PHP. I did release a Wordpress theme a couple of days back, you know.
Anyway, let's stop straying off-topic.
ocalhoun
Just wondering if there were any plans to implement this... It would make reporting much easier.
Many times I used to think "I'll report that, but wait, I'll have to navigate back here afterwards, it's not worth the trouble."

I did figure out to always open the report link in a new tab, but surely other users still avoid reporting because of the time it takes.