FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A Role Play forum

Want a Role Play forum?
Yes
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
No
66%
 66%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 12

Monkeydog
I was thinking about how active this forum is and if some people want to Role play this forum could have some good active topics in it...
so i was just wondering can we have a RP forum?
WickedGravity
What the hell.

I am an old school D&D freak from way back. Did the Shadowrun thing and the Warhammerthing, Vampire the Masquerade and am even writing my own book on the subject in a matter of speaking.

SO sure, what the hell.
drunkfun
freak is the right word
elcyron
as much as i love roleplaying, i voted no.

RPGs are meant to be in realtime, sitting around a table, eating pizza, raiding the fridge of teh gamemaster...

i read and even played some forum RPGs, but it's not the real thing
Deji
no, only because on these forums i get the feeling that RPs might be spammed a lot by people looking for "5 posts" in order to get hosting... just think it would ruin it new RP posts with

Character name: Jim
Background: he doesnt remember and i cant be bothered writing one
Description: [google image] or [he wears black]

and like

Jim: *kills you with his uberweaponofdeath*

at some point im going to have an RP section on my site.. we could maybe try running something there if people are interested...

just wouldnt want something in the main forum sections here.
WickedGravity
In retrospect, my post from earlier might have been a tad premature.

While yes, I am a big roleplay fan, all of the points that have been brough out here have been valid and very honest ones.

I say now now to the idea of a RP section to the site. Mostly because it would encourage SPAM and then we would hate it anyway.

Plus, on a geekier note, the system would never be able to be developed with all the people saying that "my char rox0rs and yours sux0rs". it is a shame, but it is the truth.
Maka
I voted no, I dont like the idea, I wouldnt like posting here anyway there would be to much spam, theres enough as it is.
Monkeydog
yeah thats what i thought would be said,spam.
:/
But I can't help thinking that if it wouldn't be all spamed out it could be good..
Deji
WickedGravity wrote:
In retrospect, my post from earlier might have been a tad premature.

While yes, I am a big roleplay fan, all of the points that have been brough out here have been valid and very honest ones.

I say now now to the idea of a RP section to the site. Mostly because it would encourage SPAM and then we would hate it anyway.

Plus, on a geekier note, the system would never be able to be developed with all the people saying that "my char rox0rs and yours sux0rs". it is a shame, but it is the truth.

sadly yeah, it seems the bigger a site is the harder it is to roleplay...

i dont claim to be good at writing but i do my very best to avoid "oMg i pwn you" kinda posts.
Aredon
I realy enjoy spinning long posts that are very discriptive, the ability to write my own story and have other people right the parts of other characters. I would love an RP forum but it appears that will never be so. I have the URL to a seperate board with RP that is just starting out if you are interested send me a PM and ill get you the link. I would realy enjoy RPing with some of you, but dont let it take away from your activity on frihost! Cool

Perhaps if a roleplaying forum was added posts could be worth far less points? or none at all? maybe admins give points if your posts are frequently of value?
Scorpio
Where did you pick up this post from?

Almost a year old?
adiutrix
What's a role playing forum? Confused
elcyron
adiutrix wrote:
What's a role playing forum? Confused

a RPforum is a place to write "in character" of a person you imagine.

as i pointed out before role playing games (RPGs) are not originally meant to be played in a forum. however RP in forum boiles down into two extremes

Quote:
on a dark an stormy midsummers eve the young barbrian looked up at the sky..... (followed by 27 pages filled with more or less sensibel reasons to turn a young peasant into the greatest medieval fighting machine of all time (usually family gets slaughtered by monsters)).... slowly the young reaches for his sword

and

Quote:

*strikes the barbarian with hammer of wisdom*

this is how it workes and also explaines why it would be a problem here.
you see a post of
Quote:
*sighs and thinks of his hometown*

doesn't realy affect the plot or help with anything, yet it might be vital to your character.
quality post or not?
grant the same 3 forumpoints for this posting as for a complete tutorial on photoshop?
mOrpheuS
scorpio wrote:
Where did you pick up this post from?

Almost a year old?

That only means that he/she was reading around a lot before posting. Wink

Anyway, this suggestion has had enough consideration given, and did not make it through.

-locked-