FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

sin city sequel

scottycrip
Does anyone happen to know when this movie is being released? Is it the near future??
Scaramanga
scottycrip wrote:
Does anyone happen to know when this movie is being released? Is it the near future??

I doubt anyone really has a firm date. IMDB lists it as being set for a 2008 release, but since the script has just barely been completed and they're not yet filming, it's really anybody's guess.
Octaeder
Nothing's happening till after Grindhouse as Rodriguez is pretty much tied up with that at the moment...

After that they want to start production on SC2, but who knows how long it'll take for pre-production to be complete and them to get started on filming.
Scaramanga
Octaeder wrote:
Nothing's happening till after Grindhouse as Rodriguez is pretty much tied up with that at the moment...

Uhh, you do know Grindhouse is done right? It opens on April 6th. So the only thing I imagine Rodriguez has to do is press junkets and promotion for the next week or so.
indeedwrestling
Scaramanga wrote:
Octaeder wrote:

Uhh, you do know Grindhouse is done right? It opens on April 6th. So the only thing I imagine Rodriguez has to do is press junkets and promotion for the next week or so.

Yeah, but you got to figure the guy wants to promote his movie. Also, considering the way that he takes full control of his process down to the editing and really getting things out at the last second, I don't think he's giving a lot of time or thought to Sin City 2: The Sinnest right now.
Octaeder
indeedwrestling wrote:
Scaramanga wrote:
Octaeder wrote:

Yeah, but you got to figure the guy wants to promote his movie. Also, considering the way that he takes full control of his process down to the editing and really getting things out at the last second, I don't think he's giving a lot of time or thought to Sin City 2: The Sinnest right now.

Plus a film isn't "finished" until a while after the film is released, these days the moment you release a film you start to gear up for the DVD release, selecting and approving the extras that are going into the film... Rodriguez has made a couple of statements about a couple of cool ideas he has to highlight the difference between clean dvd transfers and the old style of film that is the basis for the feel they're looking for.

Depending on how quickly they want to get Sin City 2 moving it is always possible that they'll rush a vanilla release and we'll have to wait for the "definitive" dvd edition... But there's really no way of telling.
blk3
Heard that Angelina Jolie will star on the sequel dont know who else is starring though.
twisthigh
Check out IMDB, they have all the info. Smile
scottycrip
thanks for all the info, all I knew was that it was going to be made. The first one was great. I think this time I should check out the graphic novel the movie will be based on first. I just might enjoy it more
Scaramanga
Octaeder wrote:
indeedwrestling wrote:
Scaramanga wrote:
Octaeder wrote:

Plus a film isn't "finished" until a while after the film is released, these days the moment you release a film you start to gear up for the DVD release, selecting and approving the extras that are going into the film... Rodriguez has made a couple of statements about a couple of cool ideas he has to highlight the difference between clean dvd transfers and the old style of film that is the basis for the feel they're looking for.

Depending on how quickly they want to get Sin City 2 moving it is always possible that they'll rush a vanilla release and we'll have to wait for the "definitive" dvd edition... But there's really no way of telling.

Uhhh, the FILM is in the can. So a in few weeks I'm sure he'll start work (if he hasn't already) on Sin City. Also, it's not uncommon for people in the industry to be working on several projects simultaneously.
Azmo
a guess is that it will be released christmus 2008.. if possible.. but many great movies are released wintertime before christmus.. often so they will be out on dvd for christmus sale.. money money $$