FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Security Forum

loophole64
I'd like to suggest that you add a forum for discussing IT systems security, so we can discuss keeping servers/networks secure. It's very important, and not discussed enough IMO.
reddishblue
You see the thing about not being discussed often is exactly why we aren't going to get the forum, we like active forums that interest people, not ghost-town forums that nobody posts in due to a lack of interest, sorry but I will have to give this a Not talking
garionw
reddishblue wrote:
You see the thing about not being discussed often is exactly why we aren't going to get the forum, we like active forums that interest people, not ghost-town forums that nobody posts in due to a lack of interest, sorry but I will have to give this a Not talking

I'm with Reddishblue here on this one, sorry.

If you wish to discuss the most secure operating system/server I'd go to Operating Systems and if it was in terms of software for your operating system I'd place it in software
Bockman
Although the theme relates to me (being a sys admin myself), I don't think we have that many people to discuss that theme @ Frihost.

The theme itself is very interesting and people should discuss it, yes... but not everyone is an IT here and this could create a ghost forum easily (one where only 3 or 4 members would post).

If you're an IT man, you obviously have knowledge of other forums about this specific theme and you have a much higher probability of having questions answered there.

Other than that, I believe the "Software", "Operating Systems" and "Computer Problems and Support" forums will answer 99% of the needs of our members.

Be Well Cool
garionw
Bockman wrote:
Other than that, I believe the "Software", "Operating Systems" and "Computer Problems and Support" forums will answer 99% of the needs of our members.

Which is what I said in the above post Laughing