FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

El Laberinto del Fauno (Pan's Labyrinth)

zanzou
Sooo, I didn't see any other threads about this when I searched.

Has anybody else seen this movie? Absolutely amazing. I'm shocked it didn't win Best Foreign Film at the Oscars, but I hope the one that did win deserved it, because this movie was AMAZING.

Graphically, storyline, characters... so well done. The two storylines worked really well together, I thought-- and I loved the brief outside pov on the Fairy world we got (ie, the little girl talking to nothing).

:D So good.
suppastar
Amen!!! I absolutely loved Pan's Labyrinth and feel it was ROBBED at the Oscars! It was probably my favorite movie of the year (save for maybe the departed). I loved how the fantasy and real worlds blended together... and how the ending left things open for interpretation.
GProject
I saw it for the first time last weekend and while I really enjoyed it, the film hasn't completely blown me away like it did for so many other people. I thought that the brutal violence really helped to keep a 'fantasy' movie very well grounded - and that Guillermo del Toro must have a crazy imagination to have come up with it all!

I'm still not quite sure I really liked the ending, but that's very subjective and a matter of opinion. I'd definately recommend it to people, but I wouldn't say that I'd be desperate to see it again very soon. Maybe in a few years I'll return to it again and see what I think with heinsight.
vaoger
oh my god!!
i love the movie...
sondosia
This movie completely blew me away. By the end, I was crying - and not just the stray tear or two that I always get during movies. No, I was bawling and after I left the movie theater I was still shaky for a while.

Now, if a movie with that kind of power isn't worthy of an award, I don't know what is.
pudovkin
I'm crazy to watch it, by its art direction and cinematography.
Since I already watched "300" (my only 2007 obligation... hahaha), now it's time to check this ackward (in a good sense) title.
zanzou
pudovkin wrote:
I'm crazy to watch it, by its art direction and cinematography.
Since I already watched "300" (my only 2007 obligation... hahaha), now it's time to check this ackward (in a good sense) title.

I wouldn't call it an awkward title, really-- the original in spanish might seem that way, but the English title is fine (even though "Pan" doesn't make any sense while watching the movie...)
blk3
The trailers are misleading at first you might though it was a straight out fantasy but youre wrong. Youll be more surprise of what it was, I somehow thought it has a hidden meaning.
JessieF
zanzou wrote:
Sooo, I didn't see any other threads about this when I searched.

Has anybody else seen this movie? Absolutely amazing. I'm shocked it didn't win Best Foreign Film at the Oscars, but I hope the one that did win deserved it, because this movie was AMAZING.

Graphically, storyline, characters... so well done. The two storylines worked really well together, I thought-- and I loved the brief outside pov on the Fairy world we got (ie, the little girl talking to nothing).

Very Happy So good.

I totally agreed. I really enjoyed the twist to the plot. =]