FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

php (phpBB) help

wumingsden
I am currently creating a premodded forum based on the phpBB software. However, I'm having a slight problem with something.

Basically, I've created a MODification which acts a lot like mySpace, where the users can customize the look of their profile. All is going well, except one option of this. Because it is a premodded forum it will be available for free to download, and because of this I want most options to be ACP configurable .....

which leads to my problem. I have a .htaccess rewrite rule that is currently hardcoded which makes the url www.mysite.com/forum/<whatever>/test to to the test users profile.

The <whatever> in the .htaccess file is currently hardcoded. I want it to be ACP configured. I was wondering whether this was at all possible? Right now it means that a) the <whatever> is set and b) means that I will have to provide two versions of the file, one for the use of the forum software that's located in the root, and another version for the use of the forum in a directory inside the root, hence the need for it to be ACP optional.

Does anyone know how to go about this?