FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

THE DEPARTED

kitaksi
please some onu tell me how can this scattering film take oscars.I never see that kind of boring and disappointed film.
Tokci
it was a very movie...might be a little slow but the direction and acting was very good.

but still liking or disliking a movie is a very subjective thing.
Octaeder
In chorus people:

"Infernal Affairs was better!"

Seriously, The Departed was alright, but as is the case with every single remake of an Asian film, it just lost some of what made Infernal Affairs special... *sigh*

The thing is, while I quite like Asian cinema, I'm not an obsessive that refuses to watch Hollywood films by any means... It's just something about remakes that makes me despair. Remakes of old films as well... Especially The Italian Job and The Wicker Man.

I guess I just don't understand the need to remake a film if the original is already there and available. Surely for the film to be considered for remaking it needs to be a classic, so can withstand the test of time, or cross a cultural barrier. The real shame is that now, if you go and watch Infernal Affairs, it won't be as special because you know what's going to happen.
Esperanto
The Departed was excellent, and quite frankly - it didn't get enough credit!

The screenplay is excellent, the acting and the overall atmosphere is impeccible. Overall, it reminds me of a typical five act Shakespearean tragedy -- of course, this film would be in a modern-day sense.

Hats off to The Departed crew for an excellent film!
missdixy
The Departed was actually a very good film -great acting, reat plot, great action, great soundtrack. But as much as I liked it, I still think Little Miss Sunshine deserved that oscar more. That film was just genius.
Macko112
It was a good movie, should be with an all-star cast and director, but it's way overrated.
zef7
I like the departed, only sucks tht everyone dies lol.
Great actors btw
Daire
Excellent film. Deserved to win Best Film based on Soundtrack alone.

Even though there is a separate category for that! Laughing Laughing
twisthigh
LOL, it has an amazing cast and an amazing director, I really really want ot see this film.