FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frih$? // (for a domain)

FedeSite // Mac
Hi. Im new here and i wanted to make a domain for a website. I dont really get what i have to do to get one.

If i understood properly, then i must have 20 Frih$ to request a domain. If so, how do i get them? In the FAQ's there's nothing about how to get Frih$.

Im not sure, because it sounds a little weird. Please i will appreciate any support related to this problem i have. Thanks in advance.
Animal
In order to get a free hosting account, you need to make at least 5 good quality posts and gain at least 10 points. When you make a post, you are given the same amount of points as FRIH$. When you get a hosting account, one point is removed each day, but you keep all of your FRIH$. FRIH$ can be traded (using the "Donate" link next to user's posts) for many things such as services or other property between Frihost Forum users.

With your hosting account, you are given a free subdomain, so it will be something like http://yoursite.frih.net - we do not provide top level domains (like yoursite.com), so you would need to buy this yourself from a third party such as GoDaddy or 1&1.

In a few cases, some users have sold Top Level Domain names (such as .com, .net or .info) in the Marketplace forum - these are usually pretty expensive though, and can cost upwards of 1000FRIH$. You do not need a top level domain name to get a fully functional website on Frihost.

Hope this answers your questions.