FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

"The best contest" contest

m-productions
...what!?

ok have you ever had a great idea for a contest..or just wanted to host a contest, but didnt have a good reward to give. well thats not a problem. Post here with up to 3 contest ideas that you have. I will pick the one I like the best. The person who suggests the winning contest idea may start this contest and I will provide the prize for them, the prize will be 1 .info domain + 50 frih!

....why!?

ok, why would I do this, what do I get out of it? well I like helping people and I like giving people things. So basicly...I get joy out of it...thats all =p

.....so who gets the prizes?

The winner of your contest does.

.......so if I dont get the prize, what do I get?

The ability to have a nice reward to give to the people that are playing in your contest. Also if you have an idea that you want to catch on, having a nice reward will get many to play. Also you'll have the joy of makeing someone happy when they win a nice prize from your contest.

2) Can only be used with a frihost website
3) It will be good for 1 year*

*At the end of 1 year, you may e-mail me, I will then look at your site, and if it looks like a good site, and that your working on it, I will renew it for another year for free.

2) I will pick the winner in 1 week (march 17, 2007)

Good luck
Blaster
A contest where you can see who makes the best parody of a movie/image
A contest to see who makes the nicest photo with gimp or photoshop or paint... etc
A contest to find a contest Razz
saratdear
1.A Frihost lottery contest (Okay. this is not an original idea, this was there in Frihost before, but not now.)

2.A contest to see who can write the best story.

3. "The pointer" contest - This has been brewing in my mind for a few days, it's like those who want to play pay something like 20frih$ for two to three months, you ask them various questions or make them do various tasks. The one who does it gets points. 1 point can be redeemed for 1 frih$. At the end of the month, the players can "cash out" for frih$ or something like that.

(Note : The above mentioned points are different from Frihost points)
m-productions
geez I thought more people would enjoy this..ohwell. ends sunday..
Animal
How about a video editing contest? Give users (say) two short clips and get them to merge the videos in any way they like - the best video clip will win. (Although this will require some stringent conditions on the videos and music used - non copyrighted only). This would probably have a fairly low uptake on edited entries, but would be a great one for those interested in video editing. I'd also imagine that it would be very popular with the users of the forum to vote for the winners. The amount of effort involved would surely justify winning a domain name.

You could also run a contest for the most original domain name - the winner of the competition could actually win it!
Baccy
A contest for everyoe that has a webhosting account, the contest is to see who has the most vistors to their site?

A contest for people to make up a new forum template for FRIhost?

A contest for people to design a new FRIhost logo?

- Baccy

Very Happy just some ideas
m-productions
You would not be allowed to host such contests, we (the useres) have no controlle over frihost, The logo, and layout is for the owner bondings (did i spell that right) to decide if he wants to change it.
Blaster
Even though bondings probley wouldn't use it you could still make a contest like that. It just couldn't be an offical contest.
MrBlueSky
Maybe a puzzle/riddle contest? I don't mean crosswordpuzzles and such, but puzzles that appeal to your creativity and logical reasoning ability. You can make different categories, for example:

- Math
- Logic
- 'Think out of the box'
- Visual riddles
- Word puzzles/riddles
- Cryptography

An example of a puzzle:

Quote:

Once upon a time a farmer went to market and purchased a fox, a goose, and a bag of beans. On his way home, the farmer came to the bank of a river and hired a boat. But in crossing the river by boat, the farmer could carry only himself and a single one of his purchases - the fox, the goose, or the bag of the beans.

If left alone, the fox would eat the goose, and the goose would eat the beans.

The farmer's challenge was to carry himself and his purchases to the far bank of the river, leaving each purchase intact. How did he do it?

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox%2C_goose_and_bag_of_beans_puzzle)
truespeed
How about (with reference to captain fertile) a create a superhero contest.
m-productions
Ive read and thought about all the contest...and I think the most intresting of them all would be Animal's idea of a movie editing contest... Most computers (that have windoes) already have windows movie maker...so it should be easy to clip and edit something basic, and I think this could be rather funny.

the contest is now over.