FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anyone??

charisco
Is anyone here into Christian music at all?

I enjoy most genres of Christian music. Whether it is Contemporary Christian, Christian Hard rock/Metal, Christian Alternative, Christian Rap.
the6thfactor
I like a lot of Christian rock bands, anyone have any suggestions?
coroban1
I have 2Gb of Russia Christian Trash metal but I haven't space or good hosting to upload this perfect collection.
charisco
the6thfactor wrote:
I like a lot of Christian rock bands, anyone have any suggestions?

Well, alot of my suggestions depends on if you are talking signed bands or indie bands.

Signed bands
Disciple
Pillar
Day Of Fire
Red

Indie
Kennebec
Fairweather Fan
Slingshot57

and the list can go on and on for either. Who are somes of your favs?
standready
Hard rock - Stryper
rock - Geoff Moore & the Distance

Yes, these are older rockers.
charisco
standready wrote:
Hard rock - Stryper
rock - Geoff Moore & the Distance

Yes, these are older rockers.

Did you say Stryper. Oh man, I used to have every one of their tapes, yes that is tapes.

Since you are talking more that era, how about Mylon Lefevre and broken Heart, Bloodgood, Barren Cross, Saint, etc.?
tingkagol
i like mute math. though the members are all christians, they're not classified as christian rock. awesome band too.
charisco
I must say that I have never actually heard Mute Math. I have heard of and about them, just never heard any of their music.
Nutteloos
Just got the new Neal Morse album myself... man, that one is awesome. I only heard the first track so far, but still, that's half an hour.

Will definitely try out some of the suggestions here: I often find myself wondering if there's any good and 'good' music left.
charisco
Nutteloos,

Depending on what style you are looking for, whether it is hard rock, metal, contemporary, alternative, etc. Let me know, I may be able to help you find quite a few good bands that are out there.
tingkagol
charisco wrote:
I must say that I have never actually heard Mute Math. I have heard of and about them, just never heard any of their music.

a good song to start with is "reset".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUshns-lypU

if you like that, also try these:
- Control
- Typical
- Peculiar People
- Break the Same

i highly recommend all their albums. needs a bit of listening though before you'll really appreciate the songs. the vocals will strike you as those of Sting's. honest.

we are veering off topic, btw. lol
charisco
tingkagol wrote:
charisco wrote:

a good song to start with is "reset".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUshns-lypU

if you like that, also try these:
- Control
- Typical
- Peculiar People
- Break the Same

i highly recommend all their albums. needs a bit of listening though before you'll really appreciate the songs. the vocals will strike you as those of Sting's. honest.

we are veering off topic, btw. lol

Nah, since my original post was about who likes Christian music, I'd day we are still on topic. At least pretty close to topic.
twisthigh
I think the closest thing that I've ever listened to that's close to Christian music is probably "Jesus Walks" by Kanye West, lol, and that's not very Christian. But I know that the chick from Destiny's Child, Michelle Williams, has like two albums and she's into that music, it's the type of music she makes, like a mix of Gospel and Christian.
Nutteloos
charisco wrote:
Nutteloos,

Depending on what style you are looking for, whether it is hard rock, metal, contemporary, alternative, etc. Let me know, I may be able to help you find quite a few good bands that are out there.

I'm mostly into a good mix. I've tried Stryper but found it to all sound rather the same. Switchfoot is far too commercial, and Vanden Plas is really no different than the average power metal band... which is to say, rather uninspired.

If you know anything progressive/symphonic rock/metal, please indulge me. If you've ever heard Dream Theater, Transatlantic or the Flower Kings you'll know what I'm aiming at.
charisco
Nutteloos wrote:
charisco wrote:
Nutteloos,

I'm mostly into a good mix. I've tried Stryper but found it to all sound rather the same. Switchfoot is far too commercial, and Vanden Plas is really no different than the average power metal band... which is to say, rather uninspired.

If you know anything progressive/symphonic rock/metal, please indulge me. If you've ever heard Dream Theater, Transatlantic or the Flower Kings you'll know what I'm aiming at.

Hmmm, well i could probably find you some bands that have a decent sound and feel that is similiar to what you are looking for.

I will send you a pm with some links as well as post them here so others can give them a listen.
Jakob [JaWGames]
Actually I am listening quite a lot on Cristian metal even if I ain't much of a believer, mostly because I have lot of friends who likes it very much. Some of the better of the christian bands which I am listening to are

Torniquet
Vaakevand
Mortification
achene
There is actually a lot of really good christian bands out there. In most genres actually. I like both bands like kutless and switchfoot but I like a lot of christian metal as well.

- achene
charisco
achene wrote:
There is actually a lot of really good christian bands out there. In most genres actually. I like both bands like kutless and switchfoot but I like a lot of christian metal as well.

- achene

achene,

Let me inform you of some great indie Christian music that is hopefully right up what you listen to.

http://www.myspace.com/kennebec

http://www.myspace.com/judahfirst

http://www.shoutlife.com/39Stripes

Let me know what you think of these 3 and if you want, I will get more suggestions for you.
RoughitforGreen247
I'm not really a fan of Christian Rock. A band doesn't need to be considered "Christian Rock" to sing meaningfully about religion and philosophy. I often find that specifically Christian Rock bands suffer from a lack of subtlety that makes classic rock great. A message made too overtly can really kill a song, even if it is a message I agree with whole-heartedly. Soap-boxing is never, ever, ever good music. Hell, it's not even good politics.
charisco
RoughitforGreen247 wrote:
A band doesn't need to be considered "Christian Rock" to sing meaningfully about religion and philosophy.

This is true, however there are alot of bands who sing about Christian subjects, or hint at them through their songs. And even though the band is not known as a "Christian" band, it is usually because one or more of the members is indeed a Christian and the message just naturally comes through in their songwriting.
achene
charisco wrote:
achene wrote:

- achene

achene,

Let me inform you of some great indie Christian music that is hopefully right up what you listen to.

http://www.myspace.com/kennebec

http://www.myspace.com/judahfirst

http://www.shoutlife.com/39Stripes

Let me know what you think of these 3 and if you want, I will get more suggestions for you.

I've only listened to the first.

It's not really my style i think, but some okay songs.

- Achene
tony
Old Newsboys are the best. dc Talk good too Smile
ibay
What do you mean by Christian music? does it mean singing phrases from bible?
Octaeder
coroban1 wrote:
I have 2Gb of Russia Christian Trash metal but I haven't space or good hosting to upload this perfect collection.

The world has suddenly become a much better place now I know that such a thing as Russian Christian Thrash Metal exists... I'm not Christian and I don't listen to Christian bands, but this I must hear..
Nutteloos
ibay wrote:
What do you mean by Christian music? does it mean singing phrases from bible?

That would be one kind of Christian music, though a very limited one. Just look up some of the bands mentioned in this thread and you'll know what it is.

On a side note, on some albus there are actually bible quotations in the booklet, right next to the lyrics. It does add a little atmosphere but is definitely not required for a song to be called 'Christian'.
Helios
Antestor - christian dark metal
http://youtube.com/watch?v=En8eVga5xa4

Razz Razz
charisco
Check some of these bands out:

http://www.myspace.com/bloodlineseveredbls

http://www.myspace.com/invisibleimage

http://www.myspace.com/nemaband
Sphaerenkern
Christian Metal... sounds funny.
Instead of "*growl* die god *beatdrums* die! god hates you *guitar solo*" something like "live god *electronic harp* praise god *harp solo* god loves you"?
Very Happy
Sorry, but I mostly know some antichristian Metal, so it's hard to imagine Metal with pro-christian lyrics.
Or is it just Death Metal with the trust that that the listener won't understand the lyrics anyway?
Nutteloos
It's just that most Death/Black metal bands have anti-christian lyrics. That's why it's hard to imagine. Christian music is just other music with the lyrics changed. Why need an electronic harp?

(electronic harps rock, though)
charisco
Sphaerenkern wrote:
Christian Metal... sounds funny.
Instead of "*growl* die god *beatdrums* die! god hates you *guitar solo*" something like "live god *electronic harp* praise god *harp solo* god loves you"?
Very Happy
Sorry, but I mostly know some antichristian Metal, so it's hard to imagine Metal with pro-christian lyrics.
Or is it just Death Metal with the trust that that the listener won't understand the lyrics anyway?

I have afeeling that if you listened to some of the Christian metal out there you would discover that they can and do rock as hard if not harder than alot of the anti-christian metal bands.
Jakob [JaWGames]
Another band I found recently is Theocracy, a great power/progressive christian metalband.
ngochao
I like a lot of Christian rock bands
Nutteloos
Jakob [JaWGames] wrote:
Another band I found recently is Theocracy, a great power/progressive christian metalband.

Have to try that one... just looked at their website and it really looks promising so far.
Jakob [JaWGames]
Nutteloos wrote:
Jakob [JaWGames] wrote:

Have to try that one... just looked at their website and it really looks promising so far.

You will not regret it Smile the only problem is that they not are very famous so it's quite hard to find their music but you can listen to one song on youtube if I remember right.
Srs2388
I like as I lay dying and underoath and they are christain.
azbuky
Sorry, but I don't think that Christian music should exist, because a song on which you can dance it's not a religious song...
Jakob [JaWGames]
azbuky wrote:
Sorry, but I don't think that Christian music should exist, because a song on which you can dance it's not a religious song...

What a weird way of thinking... So it's better with songs which tells you about pain and death than songs which are about God?

Antestor is by the way another great christian band I started listening to recently.