FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Your game genre

What's your favourite game genre ?
Action
10%
 10%  [ 6 ]
RPG
39%
 39%  [ 22 ]
Simulation
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Sport
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Strategy
16%
 16%  [ 9 ]
Shooters
26%
 26%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 56

hicham_the_webmaster
Are you Action games ? Strategy ? RPG ? FPS ? Let's discover some of FriHost gamer members styles !
The_Gamer294
shooters all the way. the only game genre where you can say owwwwwwned
Twisol
RPGs are great. Lufia: The Legend Returns, and Baten Kaitos, have awesome storylines in my opinion. They usually have good battle-gameplay too: Lufia used a 3x3 grid for party character positions, which worked really well, and Baten Kaitos used an innovative card-based system.

If you consider Pokemon an RPG, it's good too, considering how you have to go all over the [known] world to catch Pokemon and earn Badges, although by now, it's a bit... stale.
Commando_Sondre
I am FPS soldier all the way. Sometimes I play RTS, but thats not very often.
Geminh
Action Shooters I suppose? Games like MGS and Resident Evil 4 are the types of games I enjoy playing. Other then that, some sports games is fun to play once awhile.
hicham_the_webmaster
- For Stategy games I like Microsoft's ones : Age Of Empires I & II & III, Age Of Mythology and Rise of Nations.

- Action : Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow, POP Sands of time

- Sport games : Pro evolution Soccer5, NBA 2005

- FPS : Battlefield, Call Of Duty, Metal of Honor

Wink

I'm not a "radical" gamer anyway ...
Blu_Spykz
My favourite game is Resident Evil 4 - perhaps the best RPG ever. I like all the other Res Evils, as well as the metal gear solids.
falco211
Right now my favorite is Action Adventure followed by First Person Shooters. I enjoy Platformers as well but there haven't been too many good Platformers. I own a Nintendo Wii and I can't wait for Super Mario Galaxy to come out for the Wii.
Holy
RPG and FPS
I like fantasy RPG and more realistic FPS, not those DOOM type FPS games.
{name here}
Any game that relies more on your skill than some random number generator is pretty much fine in my book(RTS and RPG out of the question)
Keran
And I heard the question 100th time, but still... ;]
I'm mostly into shooters, in my case FPS's. I think they count as action games, so I'm not sure what kind of games are action ones... This poll is not quite accurate, where's f.e MMo's...
Even though I like mostly shooters I play almost every type of game, except for some simulations and racing games
So from shooters: BF2, CS:S, F.E.A.R and other single player shooters i sometime play, there's too many of them to write them down.
I recently like to play mmos, especially WoW Burning Crusade ;]
As for RTS's I also play every one that comes out, but the last one i played was Company of Heroes.
kriptontr
by best is strategy ra , ageof ...sometimes playing tycoons but
Totalwar forever...
Nameless
The_Gamer294 wrote:

I disagree. Yelling out 'owwwwwwned' because you pointed and clicked faster than the other guy could point and click isn't really impressive. Luring the other guy's key troops into a carefully planned ambush and then moving on to tactical demolish their base with hit and run attacks... now THAT is owned.
heval
I only like RPG and shooter games.
Mafiastrike
it doesn't matter to me

but i like rpg and shooting the most
Canturio
i like rpg and simulation the most Smile

but i can vote only at one option in the poll
Mare
I know it is bad but my fav is Shooters (FTW) Very Happy
mattchun
I love rpg game!

It's just like that I'm in the game.
Flakky
FPS, I like that you need to have to be quick in games like Unreal Tournament (all versions) and the alert and scaryness (if it is a word) in games like Prey.
Clumsy93
FPS and 3rd Person shooters are bomb.

I also like RPG's and some driving games
Heart Ticket
hicham_the_webmaster wrote:
Are you Action games ? Strategy ? RPG ? FPS ? Let's discover some of FriHost gamer members styles !

I love my RTS & My Rpgs. There my fav without a doubt. Very Happy

James
reddishblue
Nameless wrote:
The_Gamer294 wrote:

I disagree. Yelling out 'owwwwwwned' because you pointed and clicked faster than the other guy could point and click isn't really impressive. Luring the other guy's key troops into a carefully planned ambush and then moving on to tactical demolish their base with hit and run attacks... now THAT is owned.

How do you know he isn't doing that...unless what your saying is in an RTS of course.
I like RTS and FPS the most, I used to hate FPS but Halo changed me from that to a big fan.
Telnven
Quote:
RPGs are great. Lufia: The Legend Returns, and Baten Kaitos, have awesome storylines in my opinion. They usually have good battle-gameplay too: Lufia used a 3x3 grid for party character positions, which worked really well, and Baten Kaitos used an innovative card-based system.

I think these old style RPGs are dated, for example why spend that time playing when you can't prove your ability against other gamers.

Personally I think CORPGs (competitive online roleplaying games)/MMORPGs (massive multiplayer online roleplaying games), such as Guild Wars and Rappelz are the future of the RPG genre.
Lemike
Quote:

Personally I think CORPGs (competitive online roleplaying games)/MMORPGs (massive multiplayer online roleplaying games), such as Guild Wars and Rappelz are the future of the RPG genre.

I also think like you, but don't forget about such title as World of Warcraft, which is also very popular.
But my favorite rpg is Final Fantasy VII- i know that this game is more than 10 years old, but I really enjoyed playing it.
TurkishGamer
I personally like sport games like NBA and FIFA games, I sometimes I play other stuff like action games
Senshida
I play all of the genres, but RPG is my favorite.
prole
Lately it's action + adventure + RPGs... I don't like shooter or sport games that much... probably 'cause being a female...
_AVG_
I really like MMORPGs. They're really good fun.

My second favourite would be Sports Games.
hlavco
I like racing games and rhythm games, but neither of those seem to be an option.

Not a big fan of shooters, except Goldeneye 007, but then again who doesn't like that one?

I don't play many of the hardcore RPGs, but I like Pokemon, the Mario RPGs, and of course the best game ever, Earthbound.

There really haven't been that many good platformers since N64, and most of the best racing games (the Cruisin' and Rush series in particular) were on that system as well.
legion
i'm a big fan of strategy and sports games ... mainly chess and snooker games Smile

ah yes and i forgot about Quake Arena (the only shooter game i like)

vivat Starcraft !

Laughing
TruPain
rpg's are the best for me... been playing them since the early 80's...

The newer rpg games I am not liking too much though... I think they need to re-evaluate their idea's and remember how to make an rpg... rpg's are supposed to be based on story lines... not graphics... story lines in a lot of the more recent rpg's has been lacking severely...
medievalman26
Go strategy games and go FPS/RPG but mostly strategygames.
Peterssidan
I love RPG games! sports and other games can also be fun.
TwilightXZone
I'm a huge fan of RPG games. Especially the ones where you decide what you can do, and ones with ranges of jobs/roads to choose from. Once I play a game, I usually get hooked right away Shocked . Most people don't understand what I mean, but if you do, then that's great. Very Happy
VG Wyvern
Well, none of the above actually.
I'm more into puzzle games like Tetris and Puzzle League. I also like Adventure games like Zelda.
djbosanac
Action ofcourse

MGS 4LIFE
Infinity-al
I stand between shooters (FPS) and real-time strategy (RTS). It was very difficult to choose which one to vote. But i think i like shooters the most. Counter strike online rulez Very Happy
legendaryduelists
i love the RPG genre, when i was more young mi first lessons of english were in the games with the RPG games, after that, when i was in english classes i was getting the benefit of premature learning of some basis english Razz
dark_Pandemonium
I like action and RPG
wabik90
Difficult question Smile
I like few genres of games. I like strategy games, it's great tactical fun(rather RTS - Age of Empires II, III; Starcraft; Red Alert 1,2; but also turn-based like Heroes III, IV and Disciples I, II). I like RPG games(I used to play Diablo II: LoD few hours daily; Throne of Darkness is also nice). I love GTA series... and shooters Max Payne 1 & 2 is nice, and my favourite Serious Sam - great massacre without thinking(awesome!!)

Cheers Smile
catscratches
The genre doesn't really matter, just there is much and nice blood so...
shkumbin
I'm all about Strategy games, I like to spend couple of hours building my base and then attacking the hell of the enemy.

Since I got my copy of Command&Conquer I got hooked, I have also played Red Alert, Red Alert 2, Tiberium Wars, Generals, Civilisation, and of course Starcraft. Can't wait for Starcraft 2 but I read somwhere that it won't come out till next year Sad
panic15
Strategy Fanboy...

Also do some FPS aswell.
Osmodius
First Person Shooters FTW! As fps_doug says, there's nothin' like the rush of hunting people down and killin' em!
MeddlingMonk
Strategy games for me...

Chess, Checkers and Risk are my some of my favourite board games. As for computer games, I prefer games like Age of Empires, Warcraft and Star Trek Armada. I enjoy building up my forces then storm my opponents' bases. I prefer, though, to play against other people rather than a computer. The look of surprise and utter horror on your enemies' faces when you invade with a nigh-unstoppable force is priceless.
friuser
I personally perfer rpgs. It takes forever though. In fact now I don't even play games anymore but if I started again it would be good old text mud for me.
anonymous21
I like Ragnarok... although it's an mmoRPG...

Pokemon! I also like that... Especially Fire Red and Leaf Green Version.
m-productions
I cant really pick my "fav" to be honest, there are so many, and each of their pros and cons,

shooters, mmorpgs, rpgs, RTS, those have to be my favs (not in that order or anything) also.. puzzle/adventure i guess, because the zelda games are some of my favs..
udaysank
I like Strategy the most. I like AOE series and Age of Mythology. These games timing and intelligence.
pedrothelion
I'd say strategy, even though I enjoy the odd RPG game that's out.

I was into Action games a while back but these days I like to just lean back into my chair, take some time and then let my small minions do my work for me Wink
jsundell
I like strategy board games and shooter computer games.
ExplicitRyan
FPS RPG and strategy are the best.

FPS #1- Counterstrike 1.6
RPG #1- Legend of the dragoon
Strategy #1 - Command and conquer games.

SmileSmile