FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help!!!

ssthanapati
Some of the windows files got corrupted so i used SFC to restore it. and after that i defragmented my hdd. Now the comp takes a looooong time 2 load. And system restore also dosent work. Ne solutions?????
corey
What do you mean about a long time to load? Is it the boot process that you're referring to? Is it the actual use of the system that is slow? Can you get logged in to a desktop? How much RAM does the system monitor show is in use? What about CPU usage?

Do you have a lot of third party programs starting with your boot? More info is good.
ssthanapati
well previously it loaded in abt 4 mins now it takes around 11 mins. after i log into my account everythin stops(the HDD light also stops glowin) loadin and after a long time evrythin comes up at once
cheeta
run a chkdsk on every disk... may be that can help... also once again run the SFC /Scannow command....

Smile

if that doesnt work may be u should clean the CPU / RAM / RAM slots a little... some that that too helps... also check all RAMs are working..

also if nothing goes, u may have to do all windows user does so often, RE-Install Smile
ssthanapati
well a clean install is the only option lift i guess. But just in case ne other methods??????
mony
(the HDD light also stops glowin) it mean that hard disk is stoped
so u have to carfly checked ur computer hardware and then jump to ur software and try to use a regisrty program repaire after the usual steps like cleaning the startup programs from ( msconfig command) then i think that the final solution to that crasch in software if u use microsoft operating system is to reinstall it ant make a backup for ur software for future problems
ssthanapati
i had tried all that long back. neway i reinstalled xp as i didnt have any other options left
blueray
try sfc /purgecache , then sfc / scannow