FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Overcooking my mobo

clydejaw
Alright, so I have one of them old motherboards the MSI K7 masters. I had "accidently" set the frequency and voltage too high and over fried.

Is there any way of fixing it ever? or do i need to buy a new one Sad?
rheanna
Your probably going to have to buy a new one.
gh0stface
You pretty much are going to have to purchase a new motherboard. When you fry, it's fried.
ForceRun
You can just try resetting the BIOS. Just unplug the system and pull the CMOS Battery. But other than that, You might have to get a new MoBo.
pll
clydejaw wrote:
Alright, so I have one of them old motherboards the MSI K7

My old mobo was a K75SA.
psycosquirrel
ForceRun wrote:
You can just try resetting the BIOS.

When you overclock, you often will be unable to boot until you do this, especially if you push the board pasts its limits.
minotavrs
clydejaw wrote:
Alright, so I have one of them old motherboards the MSI K7 masters. I had "accidently" set the frequency and voltage too high and over fried.

reset the bios of not works try to see if any chip fried into ur mobo ..

If this happen buy another mobo.. Sad
clydejaw
That fricken sucks.

lol.

I want to try resetting the bios but I dunno how to access it with this hardware. Is there a reset button on the motherboard? or shud i try taking out the battery and putting it back in again? ahh jeez. It's not even my computer
diduknowthat
If it's fried, well then it's fried, resetting the cmos won't do anything. But if you really want to, there should be a cmos jumper somewhere on the mobo, you have to set that to reset for a bit, that should reset it. Or you can try taking the better out of the motherboard and leaving the computer unplugged for a bit.
fadirocks
if you fried a chip or connection then you're screwed so mobo to the trash unless whatever you fried is replaceable

I screwed up my Abit KT7A-Raid v1.1 and had to underclock the FSB to make it work Razz
Donutey
clydejaw wrote:

Depends on what broke, it might have been just your CPU... what voltage did you set? (ie for the chipset, video card, or CPU?).