FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

US Marine Corps Officer Candidate

jsk02a
.........removed.........
charisco
Jason, let me be the first to say Congrats on 2 things. First for finishing up your college career. And, secondly for taking the next step to serve your country. Sounds to me like you have a specific plan of action already planned out which is excellent. So often we see college seniors who still have no idea what they truly want to do with their lives.

As a side note, I also want to say "Thank You!!" for joining the military in any aspect to help protect the USA!!!
jsk02a
Well thanks Charis,

I know not everybody can serve, but I like to meet folks who have the same passions I do.

It means a lot in this day and age to hear affirmations about what I plan on doing with my life. Smile
TEACHNLAUGH
JASON-
WHAT WAS BOOT CAMP REALLY LIKE? THINK A SPOILED MAMA'S BOY RICH KID COULD MAKE IT?
tHAT WOULD BE MY DAUGHTER'S BOYFRIEND. Cool
THANKS
jsk02a
Teach-

Well, if anything he'll be more of a man when he comes out! Anybody can make it through boot, it just depends on wether or not they're willing to change or not.
HollyChris
jsk02a wrote:
Teach-

Well, if anything he'll be more of a man when he comes out! Anybody can make it through boot, it just depends on wether or not they're willing to change or not.

This is problably the most true statement I've ever read. I went to Marine Corps Bootcamp on the enlisted side. Funny thing is Marine Officers are trained by Enlisted personal, usually those that get assigned to Quantico after finishing 3 years of training future enlisted Marines.

When I left for bootcamp I was 5 ft 1 in tall, and 98 lbs. I had been out of High School for a year and a half and was very much out of shape. I didn't have any problems completing bootcamp. However, a professional boxer decided he wanted to be a Marine, and he couldn't do it. Bootcamp is a mental game, if you can mentaly handle it, the physical stuff will come, that's what you are there for. I just got out after completing almost 9 years of Active Duty. I loved every minute of it and would do it again if my body could handle it.

Semper Fi!
jsk02a
Very nice Holly!

Yeah, it is /all/ mental. Yeah, that is funny about enlisted guys trainining officers....but then again, who better to do it? Especially since MOST Candidates are fresh out of college snot-nosed kids. I am more than confident, however, that the Marines train their officers 110% better than most of the other branches as far as preserving life in hostile situations.
hereme
It's a good way but not a best way for U.is it?