FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Windows architecture

anandr86
Hi,
Does any one know of a site or source from where i can find about Windows Xp architecture and working and the information about this personalities like os/2 , posix and win32 ??????
{name here}
anandr86 wrote:
Hi,
Does any one know of a site or source from where i can find about Windows Xp architecture and working and the information about this personalities like os/2 , posix and win32 ??????

By architecture do you mean the processor architecture? OS/2 and Windows will only perform on x86(and x64 for Windows only at this point) architecture while most POSIX environments can go on many more.
Nyizsa
{name here} wrote:
anandr86 wrote:
Hi,

By architecture do you mean the processor architecture? OS/2 and Windows will only perform on x86(and x64 for Windows only at this point) architecture while most POSIX environments can go on many more.

Yes:
Architecture is the "metallic" part of your computer, while
operating systems are the software you need to use it.
You mentioned operating systems as architectures, so a little reading on the matter may me helpful. Rolling Eyes
Studio Madcrow
Actually the IS such a thing as an operating system archtiecture. It's a fancy way of talking about the design of the OS kernel and stuff. Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Architecture_of_Windows_NT) has a decent overview of how NT does things.
{name here}
Nyizsa wrote:
{name here} wrote:
anandr86 wrote:
Hi,

Yes:
Architecture is the "metallic" part of your computer, while
operating systems are the software you need to use it.
You mentioned operating systems as architectures, so a little reading on the matter may me helpful. Rolling Eyes

Architecture is the instruction set of the processor. x86(also known as IA-32) is the standard 32-bit instruction set of Intel and AMD processors. x64(IA-64) is the standard 64-bit instruction set for Intel and AMD processors, though AMD64 processors do have their own slight variation.
undoweb
Isn`t it ilegal to have the source code of Microsoft Windows?
A couple of years ago an hacker got the MS windows source code and post it on a website. Over 100.000 peoples download it and the webmaster of the website whas sued and now I think is in Jail.
{name here}
undoweb wrote:
Isn`t it ilegal to have the source code of Microsoft Windows?
A couple of years ago an hacker got the MS windows source code and post it on a website. Over 100.000 peoples download it and the webmaster of the website whas sued and now I think is in Jail.

I don't see where you draw the correlation between architecture and source code.