FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

About CSS and HTML editing

anandr86
Hi,
I was wondering about HTML and CSS editing.... I wanted a software with which i can do both and with completion and stuff like we get in VB... I tried but i could not find any free software like that.... Is there any that would match me ?????
Bones
anandr86 wrote:
Hi,
I was wondering about HTML and CSS editing.... I wanted a software with which i can do both and with completion and stuff like we get in VB... I tried but i could not find any free software like that.... Is there any that would match me ?????

You could always use notepad or any basic text editor to edit HTML and CSS. Personally I prefer Macromedia Studio, but it isn't free.
rheanna
hoang038 wrote:
PHP Designer 2007 - Professional

I agree ;o)

it works wonders and will output the errors.
Nyizsa
I prefer Bluefish. It's free, and it's also good for php, jsp, c, pascal, perl, octave, java, shell scripts and many more.
kiranaghor
PHP Designer is good. I have heard of Notepad++ also. There aren't any IDEs which are as rich in feature as Dreamweaver or expression web by microsoft.
reactive
Notepad++ is indeed a good editor, I've been using it for some time now and I'm very pleased by it, it's lightweight(~2.5mb installed), it has syntax highlighting, you can edit multiple documents, WYSIWYG and other nice features you should check out.

anandr86 wrote:

I wanted a software with which i can do both and with completion and stuff like we get in VB...

Apparently they have an api for auto-completion, you can see a screenshot of it here
cheeta
Notepad ++ is all the way for me... Smile

php / html / theme / tpl / SQL / every thing just goes very smooth with Notepad ++ Smile
tiboo211
I use Notepad++ as well. You can edit anything for free Very Happy very useful tool. Otherwise, there is Dreamweaver. Only the trial is free(30 days).
carlospro7
I use PHPEdit, but it's not free. If you can get your hands on it, I would recommend it, but I agree that Notepad++ is good for free. There is also another editor I tried out for some time, which wasn't free, but wasn't very experience, and was very please with, Editplus.
Handyman
Notepad for html and Topstyle lite for css. I like to have a live preview and a list of css options Very Happy when I am using windows.

When I am on my mac I use Text Wrangler and CSS Edit2
billy
Try PSPad, great and customazible, has all sorts of nifty features to make any particular role easier. Other then that, I use PHPedit, if you can get your self an academic license it is free, or try get your hands on Dreamweaver, it is the industry standard for that sort of stuff.
redice
A basic web designer use MicroMedia dreamweaver etc to design the website. An advanced designer which design a CMS etc, just use a simply text edit for his/her design.

VIM or emacs is the best choice.
snowboardalliance
I use this some times
http://www.chami.com/html-kit/
Has a lot of features through add-ons. Also for testing CSS, I have found
http://www.getfirebug.com/
to be helpful, especially for margins/borders/etc. which is easier than trying to debug that yourself.
dedicatedtolkien
I would recommend something like bluefish, or quanta plus, or possibly NVU, if you really would like a graphical editor.
budazz
just use notepad .....for me notepad is enough......i also use dreamweaver both,.......if you want some little help in editng codes in html and css
TheGustav
Hmmmm..... I've only ever used the basic notepad, for anything and everything.... It does become a mess when I'm editing a bunch of pages at once though...

Notepad++ looks interesting though, I may give it a try.... But I like to keep things simple and will probably stick with good 'ole plain notepad. Smile
jynxanims
Search 'Aptana'/ Best program for web editing. (CSS, PHP, Javascript, HTML)
Linus
Atm I'm using dreamweaver 8 without any problems. But if you use notepad in the beginning, you'll learn much more. Notepad will force you to learn every command.
corey
A long time ago, I replaced Notepad/Wordpad with Notepad++ for my editing. It doesn't introduce anything extra to your code and its got a really big buffer. I edited my database with it once, which was about 10MB at the time.