FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

XP startup items help

anandr86
Hi,
Im having a machine running XP home (original). Its got these two items on the startup list that comes in msconfig (last tab). These entries have no names and paths just two blank checked check boxed thats all ..... Its showing its coming from HKLM startup but when i run regedit nothing is there .... I ran a full sys scan with AVG and AVS .... Help !!!!!!
Bones
After installing Nvidia video drivers I have noticed that the same entry appears in my startup items as well.
rheanna
Download Easy Cleaner by Toni Arts

You'll be able to delete the unnecessary files
psycosquirrel
Why not just uncheck them? That way they don't load at startup.

I had the same thing on my old system. Ignorance was bliss for me, in that case.
rheanna
so, it will still be on the computer. Why not just get rid of it? Your not going to use it anyway. Just takes up space.
umeshtangnu
well same here after installing drivers for nvidia same entries came in mine startup and i unchecked then and every thing went fine , there is no other option as how can you delete some thing of which you know nothing
rheanna
actually there is and I found it

Anyone who has programs still in the HKEY that they don't use anymore and have already uninstalled off your computer but it still shows up in HKEY try using this program to remove it.

CleanCache 3.5
http://www.freewarefiles.com/program_9_95_16201.html

just becareful with what you delete.
Bones
rheanna wrote:
actually there is and I found it

Anyone who has programs still in the HKEY that they don't use anymore and have already uninstalled off your computer but it still shows up in HKEY try using this program to remove it.

CleanCache 3.5
http://www.freewarefiles.com/program_9_95_16201.html

just becareful with what you delete.

Why use a program to edit your registry? Just do it yourself
bond4154
You can download Stompsoft's Registry Repair to kill off a lot of things you don't want. The program is pretty much automatic, and requires little manual work. Or, if you want to do things manually, you can also hit the Start Menu, click Run, type "msconfig", and see what process you want to run at startup, which ones you don't, and the same goes for services as well. It's the basic way to improve computer performance by a bit.
MrBlueSky
Bones wrote:

Why use a program to edit your registry? Just do it yourself

Why go through the trouble of browsing through your registry, making changes, f**king up, restoring the backup if there are programs who do it for you Question
cvkien
just uncheck it and if you found out there was something error after uncheck it, then recheck it. not a big deal. but i see it is not a very important files to load. so i guess you can uncheck it without worry.