FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

new favourite bands

Cedar Speeder
I can't seem to get into any new music from the past three years maybe I'm out of the loop.

Anyone have any recommendations.
Chalchihuitlicue
It would help if you mentioned any genres of music that you like. There's a few more recent things I could recommend on the sole basis that I like them, but that doesn't mean it's anything that would interest you. Also, do you prefer music in English, or is any language okay?
Cedar Speeder
Language is not an issue nor is genre. I'm just looking for something different not necessarily mainstream.
nimo
some of my current favorites:

1. muse (rock)- released an awesome album last year called "black holes and revelations". I REAALY loved it, and also their previous albums. their singer is somewhat psychotic- listen to "map of the problematique", which literally thrills me, or to "feelin' good" (from the album "origin of symmetry")
2. franz ferdinand (80s britpop and funk combined)- released 2 albums so far, both were really awesome.
3. afghan whigs- a 90's grunge rock band i recently discovered. NOT mainstream.

I can give you 10 more but these are definitely my relatively recent favorites. if you want the newest material I'm sure someone else will recommend the newest hype

these should do if you like rock. is that OK or is there a different genre you want to get into? I remember a time when I couldn't listen to sad/minor-tone music anymore and started listening to reggae Smile you can always listen to bob marley if you want something cheerful...!
conspiranoia
I've just discovered Micah P. Hinson, a young man who seems to have lived 3 lives, it reminds me Johny Cash or Tom Waits, and that's not too little to say.

I recommend you to have a listen and enjoy the lyrics, I'm sure you'll like it.
NoelParam
30 Seconds to Mars is pretty good. The vocalist is Jared Leto the actor. Suprisingly he can sing really well.. I havent listened to many of their songs but they're alright I guess.

Muse! although they've already been around for quite a while, they're starting to break out now..

Trivium - Heavy metal band. Best one since Metallica(old Metallica).. Listen to it if you're into this kinda music.

DJ Tiesto Hes been around quite a while but also, broke out in the last 3 years.. voted best DJ in the World! Try take a listen..

John Legend Grammy winner. Best male vocalist out there right now.. Great Jazz artist. Has a bit of R&B in his works too.. Listen to the track: Ordinary People.

Anushka Shankar GREAT sitar artist. Great music. Take a listen! amazing.

im just adding to get my points so i can webhost my site! haha but anyway these are all great music.. go listen[/u]
iNs@nE
Three Days Grace..

Thirty Seconds to Mars

Muse

Rise Against the Machine

Panic at the Disco

OMG..dont make me continue...the list would just grow and grow and grow...
saeleyjnr
Some good post rock bands:

Explosions In The Sky

Do Make Say Think

Mogwai

Sigur Rós

Johánn Johánnson

Mono

A Silver Mt. Zion

Cyann & Ben

Trans Am
soulman
Oh, you will like "The Rasmus" a very good rock band~

And there is a German band "Tokio Hotel", teen band but good music and singer
tingkagol
saeleyjnr wrote:
Some good post rock bands:

Explosions In The Sky

Do Make Say Think

Mogwai

Sigur Rós

Johánn Johánnson

Mono

A Silver Mt. Zion

Cyann & Ben

Trans Am

add this will destroy you there.

lovin post rock.
saeleyjnr
post rock is the way forward. Currently sampling the 'young mountain EP' by This will Destroy you... bloody amazing. Very Happy
Octaeder
Recently got into the album 'Return to Cookie Mountain' by TV on The Radio.

Also the band Brand New are great and underrated.. Their new album 'The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me' is great.
pinkpeople
I don't know if you think it's new but this is what I listen right know.
- 30 seconds to mars
- Yellowcard
- Papa roach
- New Found Glory
- Tacking back sunday
- Against me
- +44
- Never heard of it