FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you sleep? When your cat is MIA?

rheanna
I can't sleep. He sleeps with me everynight. He's MIA right now Sad
Daisie
I alway had a cat sleeping with me (which now drive hubby bonker) but for a while I didnt, I moved from France to the uk and couldnt take my cat with me (stayed at my mom) I had trouble sleeping so my friend bought me a cuddly bunny... I took it to bed and was able to sleep soundly... (23 yrs old back then, how daft is that?!)
So I understand how you feel! I hope he will be back soon Smile
HoboPelican
Hey, that is terrible, sorry to hear you furball is missing.

I've had many nights when one or another feline roommate was MIA. They usually came back, but you always fear the worst. I usually go for walks at night, when it is quieter, and whistle or yell for them. Twice, I was able to hear them in trees where they got stuck (one had her paw mauled by a dog and couldn't climb down). Word of mouth and posters ifshe don't show up soon. good luck.
rheanna
He came back, He's alive ;o) he cheated on me with anoter feline. Laughing yesterday out in plain site during daylight he was mounting his chick near the road. LMAO! I broke it up.
HoboPelican
rheanna wrote:
He came back, He's alive ;o) he cheated on me with anoter feline. Laughing yesterday out in plain site during daylight he was mounting his chick near the road. LMAO! I broke it up.

I don't know who is to be reprimanded more! You or your cat! Laughing I can't imagine your breaking up that little tryst! Shame! Smile
bonestorm74
We actually can't sleep with our cats because they get a bit too excited and keep purring in our faces and walking on our heads all night. So they get locked out so that we can get some sleep!!
Idoru
Since we keep our cats indoors that problem doesn't occur. But, as someone mentioned
earlier here, it can be hard to sleep with them. We have several, and they take turns
to follow us upstairs for the night. They all have different behaviour aroud bed at night;
one likes to clean my head and sleep as a hat on me, another prefer the space between
the legs, one wishes to be under the blanket...

Sometimes hard to get the relaxation one tends to need during nigth Very Happy
HoboPelican
Idoru wrote:

Sometimes hard to get the relaxation one tends to need during nigth Very Happy

lol...I really can relate. But it is worth it! Cat hats, cat crotch warmers, cat washlcloths... I just wouldn't sleep as happy without my felines. Although, it can be a bit disconcerting to wake up in the middle of the night to find a cat just staring at you. Laughing
hlavco
Eh, my cat is in and out so often we don't even bother to wonder where she is most of the time. Sometimes she stays out all night, sometimes she sleeps with us. I mean, if we didn't see her for two or three days it might be a problem, but she fends for herself pretty well.
furtasacra
HoboPelican wrote:
Idoru wrote:

Sometimes hard to get the relaxation one tends to need during night Very Happy

lol...I really can relate. But it is worth it! Cat hats, cat crotch warmers, cat washlcloths... I just wouldn't sleep as happy without my felines. Although, it can be a bit disconcerting to wake up in the middle of the night to find a cat just staring at you. Laughing

Ye gods! The dreaded midnight kitty horrors! Don't you just LOVE waking up with a suffocating feeling like something is sitting on your chest (like in a nightmare) and wake up to find a little pointy face staring at you with big, spooky, almond-shaped, shiny eyes?

I would LOOOOVE to know how many alleged alien abduction victims have cats. My cats have scared me half silly more than once. When you look up at a cat that is sitting on your chest in the dark, you can't really see their ears, and they look an awful lot like the classic rendition of an alien.

I think they do it on purpose, just for laughs.

It's okay, though, I wouldn't dream of not having them around, they're sweet most of the time. They're like little furry children, and if if they aren't bothering me, I wonder where they are.
rheanna
Mine never sleeps on my chest he's always sleeping on the otherside of the bed with his head on the pillow. lol Laughing
Rico
MIA – that’s the best description for feline gallivanting I’ve heard. Yes, and when the little buggers don’t come when its bed time it can get very disconcerting. The world is a very dangerous place for felines, there’s just so many things that can harm them, lucky for them – the nine lives and all. But if you think about it, it’s amazing they survive for as long as they do, and come to think of it I’ve never had or heard of a cat -(although it must happen sometimes)- that left this mortal coil of old age.

Life without cats, isn’t.
Mouldylocks
my cat never slept and kept me awake! so I gave him away, to this rich old lady. i hope he's ok and he can sleep now.
TheGustav
My cat tends to stay outside for days at a time, so missing her for a while is never that big of a deal, but she doesn't come sleep in our bedrooms to begin with.
Peterssidan
It can be very hard to sleep. If I scrach her she get wourst. I have to through her out of the room and close the door.
thealpha
yes, i also think that it is very hard to sleep,
hope you will come over it
evilfishtank
im sorry to hear about your loss.. i know when my cat dies im going to be useless for awhile. he sleeps by my feet everynight ... Razz