FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Restrict by Bro Act - help

engeland
Can anyone tell me what this is. All programs i open would have this phrase by the program title in the top bar.
Everytime i search it up on the internet, regardless IE or firefox, it shuts down. Wth is going on?
Teddy1
Do you have any screenshots ?
mystzero
1. Download hijackthis to your desktop.
2. Extract its contents and browse in to the hijackthis folder.
3. Double-click on hijackthis.exe
4. You will be presented with a menu. Select "Do a system scan and save a logfile".
5. Notepad will appear. Copy the contents and paste them here.
engeland
ok, i just found the problem. It looks like a virus to me. there are .exe folders everywhere in my documents. stuff like My Sample Folder.exe . I panicked, so i did a system restore. Coz then i couldnt even switch on avg. and avg can't even identify this virus. Anyway, i installed it and it found 23 .exe folders and deleted them all. Everything works now. Ironically every solution page on the net are in Bahasa Malaysia. It's pretty popular in my country. They say it's from printshops, and they spread through the pendrives
ezekiel_rage
engeland wrote:
ok, i just found the problem. It looks like a virus to me. there are .exe folders everywhere in my documents. stuff like My Sample Folder.exe . I panicked, so i did a system restore. Coz then i couldnt even switch on avg. and avg can't even identify this virus. Anyway, i installed it and it found 23 .exe folders and deleted them all. Everything works now. Ironically every solution page on the net are in Bahasa Malaysia. It's pretty popular in my country. They say it's from printshops, and they spread through the pendrives

Well apparently not just in your country, I get to fix alot of machines infected with that virus. its called Brontok. Its a pain to remove. Easy to remove but a pain because, its very stubborn.

Removing is easy once you know how it works.

You first have to delete a file ion your systems folder, coomonly it C:\Windows, the filename is eksplorasi.exe, then theres brengkalong.exe. Once deleted you can boot "normally" and open system tools and install AVG.

Meaning, when you open anything with a .exe extension your system will not reboot.

Tehn you can fully clean your system.