FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Setting up a fourm error

andy26
hi iv been wanting to set up a small fourm on my site for my freinds to use
and iv followed the settings i got the chmod permissons set i set the per location of wat i beleive to be #!/usr/bin/perl and then the site help of the fourm im trying to use the source code of tells me i need to open up www.gibmedia.frih.net/cgi-bin/yabb2/setup.pl but when i open this it tells me that the page is forbidon. is there an admin that could help me with this please.
swizzy
it means that the file does not exist, check capitalization (linux servers require that)
andy26
Its still not working its still a 403 forbidon iv tried change the capatalisation in everyway i can and it still wont work. is there any other reasons why and if theres any admins of frih host that knows please help me out. thank you in advance
shoes22
have you tried using a .htaccess file in your ftp to give yourself access?
Daniel15
You could try SMF, it's the continuation of YaBB SE (a PHP port of YaBB). SMF may be found at http://www.simplemachines.org/, and works perfectly on FriHost.

If you still want to use YaBB, then try changing
Code:

#!/usr/bin/perl

to
Code:

#!/usr/local/bin/perl

This may or may not work.
andy26
Hey thanks daniel 15 the forum is really cool and it was so easy to install thanks for sending me it.