FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Are there any "cool" religions out there?

Mordane
I know this goes against the ENTIRE point of being a religious or faithful person. But since im agnostic, I want to be a member of a cool or intresting religion.

Anyone know of any?

Gnosticism
Yezidism
Shamanism
Rastafarianism
Indi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_the_Universe

FYI: Rastafarianism is not "cool". It is a very strict religion (if you can call it a religion), far stricter than most of the major religions, even stricter than most orthodox forms.
Jinx
Check out Discordianism
They follow Eris, Goddess of Chaos, and eat hot dogs on Fridays with no buns. Laughing
Tex_Arcana
Arg, you beat me to it Jinx. Not only that but if you join right now you can be Pope.

Tou find out more about Discordianism you can look it up at Wikipedia, or go directly to the source (not recommended if you believe you are the tiniest bit sane). The Discordian Holy Book:

THE MAGNUM OPIATE OF MALACLYPSE THE YOUNGER

Principia Discordia

OR

How I Found Goddess And What I Did To Her When I Found Her

Wherein is Explained
Absolutely Everything Worth Knowing
About Absolutely Anything

Be Ye Not Lost Among Precepts of Order...

THE BOOK OF UTERUS 1;5

Available in paperback or,
If you want to see it in it's original form (with illustrations) you can check it out at http://www.principiadiscordia.com/ or,
If you want a pdf version try[url]www-e.uni-magdeburg.de/steschum/disc.pdf[/url]
dac_nip
what do you mean by cool? seriously, when i think of religion. it is not being cool Sad . anyway, that's just my opinion.
Tex_Arcana
dac_nip wrote:
what do you mean by cool? seriously, when i think of religion. it is not being cool Sad . anyway, that's just my opinion.

It's Okay Dac just remember that not all religions are alike. Just because you may have been turned off religion by one doesn't mean that they are all the same.

However I think that you should be aware that if you should become a follower of a non-mainstream religion there may be some hassles involved. For one thing when you encounter a checklist of religions you may find yourself forced to check "Other" a lot.
arowphin
Try Christianity!
It's the best!

Quote:
God’s Simple Plan of Salvation
My Friend: I am asking you the most important question of life. Your joy or your sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good you are, nor if you are a church member, but are you saved? Are you sure you will go to Heaven when you die?

God says in order to go to Heaven, you must be born again. In John 3:7, Jesus said to Nicodemus, “Ye must be born again.”

In the Bible God gives us the plan of how to be born again which means to be saved. His plan is simple! You can be saved today. How?

First, my friend, you must realize you are a sinner. “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).

Because you are a sinner, you are condemned to death. “For the wages [payment] of sin is death” (Romans 6:23). This includes eternal separation from God in Hell.

“ . . . it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment” (Hebrews 9:27).

But God loved you so much He gave His only begotten Son, Jesus, to bear your sin and die in your place. “ . . . He hath made Him [Jesus, Who knew no sin] to be sin for us . . . that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him” (2 Corinthians 5:21).

Jesus had to shed His blood and die. “For the life of the flesh is in the blood” (Lev. 17:11). “ . . . without shedding of blood is no remission [pardon]” (Hebrews 9:22).

“ . . . God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8).

Although we cannot understand how, God said my sins and your sins were laid upon Jesus and He died in our place. He became our substitute. It is true. God cannot lie.

My friend, “God . . . commandeth all men everywhere to repent” (Acts 17:30). This repentance is a change of mind that agrees with God that one is a sinner, and also agrees with what Jesus did for us on the Cross.

In Acts 16:30-31, the Philippian jailer asked Paul and Silas: “ . . . ‘Sirs, what must I do to be saved?’ And they said, ‘Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved . . . .’ ”

Simply believe on Him as the one who bore your sin, died in your place, was buried, and whom God resurrected. His resurrection powerfully assures that the believer can claim everlasting life when Jesus is received as Savior.

“But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name” (John 1:12).

“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10:13).

Whosoever includes you. Shall be saved means not maybe, nor can, but shall be saved.

Surely, you realize you are a sinner. Right now, wherever you are, repenting, lift your heart to God in prayer.

In Luke 18:13, the sinner prayed: “God be merciful to me a sinner.” Just pray: “Oh God, I know I am a sinner. I believe Jesus was my substitute when He died on the Cross. I believe His shed blood, death, burial, and resurrection were for me. Please forgive me for my sins. I now receive Him as my Savior. I thank You for the forgiveness of my sins, the gift of salvation and everlasting life, because of Your merciful grace. Amen.”

Just take God at His word and claim His salvation by faith. Believe, and you will be saved. No church, no lodge, no good works can save you. Remember, God does the saving. All of it!

God’s simple plan of salvation is: You are a sinner. Therefore, unless you believe on Jesus Who died in your place, you will spend eternity in Hell. If you believe on Him as your crucified, buried, and risen Savior, you receive forgiveness for all of your sins and His gift of eternal salvation by faith.

You say, “Surely, it cannot be that simple.” Yes, that simple! It is scriptural. It is God’s plan. My friend, believe on Jesus and receive Him as Savior today.

If His plan is not perfectly clear, read this tract over and over, without laying it down, until you understand it. Your soul is worth more than all the world.

“For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?” (Mark 8:36).

Be sure you are saved. If you lose your soul, you miss Heaven and lose all. Please! Let God save you this very moment.

God’s power will save you, keep you saved, and enable you to live a victorious Christian life. “There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, Who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it” (1 Corinthians 10:13).

Do not trust your feelings. They change. Stand on God’s promises. They never change. After you are saved, there are three things to practice daily for spiritual growth:

Pray -- you talk to God.
Read your Bible -- God talks to you.
Witness -- you talk for God.
You should be baptized in obedience to the Lord Jesus Christ as a public testimony of your salvation, and then unite with a Bible-believing church without delay. “Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord . . . .” (2 Timothy 1:8)

“Whosoever therefore shall confess [testify of] Me before men, him will I confess also before My Father which is in heaven” (Matthew 10:32).

edited by tidruG : When copying and pasting from another article, please use Quote tags
Holy
arowphin you are one smart guy. Christianity is a cool religion. You don't have to do any strict customs or things like that and you fallow the one true God. arowphin I don't think I could have said the words better myself. And those are some pretty powerful scriptures. God is the way, the truth, and the light, and NO ONE will go to heaven except through him! So Mordane... Christianity doesn't have a "cool" or "interesting" name but we do serve one cool god who has one of the most interesting books you will ever read... the Bible.
UlrikeSE
Start your own, make t-shirts.
Bannik
Mordane wrote:
I know this goes against the ENTIRE point of being a religious or faithful person. But since im agnostic, I want to be a member of a cool or intresting religion.

Anyone know of any?

Gnosticism
Yezidism
Shamanism
Rastafarianism

I am sorRy but "cool", it makes the religion sound childish is you say its cool.... oh and PLEASE JOIN THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER

http://www.venganza.org/ - OH LORD love me
flintstonian
If what you mean by 'cool' is to gain some sort of understanding about the world and life in general, without getting bogged down with silly religious rituals, I would say check out Vedanta. It's more of a philosophy than a religion, but there are people who practice it earnestly, if not as a religion, then at least as a code of conduct. I guess that's what religion boils down to ultimately - a proper code of conduct for a proper life...
livilou
Mordane wrote:

Anyone know of any?

Gnosticism
Yezidism
Shamanism
Rastafarianism

I loved the question, but think it will be a hard one to answer. Each person will feel that their religion is the coolest, me included. I enjoy my religion and think it's cool. But its your choice on the one you want to follow. I can tell you about mine, give you the facts as I know them, but in the end, it's totally up to you on wheither you follow it or not.

I realize my response if of no help whatsoever, but I had to answer this one.

Have a great day and God bless.
Kitten Kong
You my friend want to look into Pastafarianism.

Not only will you find it followed by only the most intelligent atheistic parodists, you also get to dress up as a pirate.
mike1reynolds
Do Pastafarians make Rasta Pasta Pesto?