FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Captain america Dead?

Guyon
I head on the news today that Captain America is dead! *SHOCKED*

While sad news, I am going to be so mad when they bring him back in a year or so. Because, PICK One:

Alien assumed his identity, while real Cap was prisoner.

Doppelganger

Resurrection

Hero super serum kick in after death

Magic

Faigned Death

and the list goes on. LOL

When super heroes die in comics it is really not that tragic anymore since so few stay dead. I wish the comic industry had the professionalism to make decisions count and stick with quality decisions and jut just write for shock value. That is one of the main reasons I quit buying and reading.

Salutes Cap
sonofmorris
personally i feel that sniper did us all a favour, and can you believe it was actually in the papers over in scotland too? i mean really..

but hey, he will return in some shape or form, donned in the trademark american flag pj's from head to toe, and the giant cooking Wok aswell...

to the captain.. mockingly
sonofmorris
Guyon
But don't you think he should have gone out in a blaze of glory? Fighting an overwhelming odds? It just doesn't feel right that a hero like that should die in such a way.

What the heck the will bring him back a 2 years anyway. Like all the other dead super hero.

Strangely enough I don't mind when they bring back a super villain. I don't know why. many be because they are sleazy and have sneaky tricks up there sleeve?

For me it just takes away the fear of death knowing there is a strong chance any dead heroes will be back.
illegalhost
Hi, heard that the Cap died signifies the end of the country too! Well, maybe not the end of the country, but the STATE the country is in at the moment. Heck, i'm not sure if there is some truth in that, but i think that the author would have put some thought to this before he REALLY made the death - by a sniper. Strangely enough. Cap didnt die of alien shot or villans, BUT just by a freakin SNIPER!!! That is REALLY strange. But some ppl do buy the comic just in case the value would increase in the future when there are no more copies left and the author felt that the country is improving, then, maybe Cap would be back!! LOL. Stay tuned guys!!

BTW, anyone bought the comic yet???? Damn curious, is it good???!!
Scaramanga
sonofmorris wrote:
personally i feel that sniper did us all a favour,

Why do you say that?

More than likely someone new will take up the mantle of Captain American, as has been done several times in the past (most notably when Steve Rogers disappeared near the end of WWII.)
blk3
It will be more credible if this super hero stays dead. Remember Superman (lots of people bought those issues because they thought thats it). But what happend they just milked off the franchise by having diff. versions of Superman on their own comic books. Then when that wears off they brought back the original. Dead heroes should remain dead, period.
legendaryduelists
I was really sorry for the dead of captain america, like other user says it was odd that a sniper killed a great hero.

Personally i really want him to going back, im just saying it because a liked that hero, it doesn't have to do if that action have some political meaning. Its just because he looks really cool! Cool
Scaramanga
Also, if anyone's not aware, there's a thread where we discuss the events in the recent Marvel Civil War crossover, which is what lead to Cap's eventual death (if he's truly dead.)
twinimage
Guyon wrote:
I head on the news today that Captain America is dead! *SHOCKED*

While sad news, I am going to be so mad when they bring him back in a year or so. Because, PICK One:

Alien assumed his identity, while real Cap was prisoner.

Doppelganger

Resurrection

Hero super serum kick in after death

Magic

Faigned Death

and the list goes on. LOL

When super heroes die in comics it is really not that tragic anymore since so few stay dead. I wish the comic industry had the professionalism to make decisions count and stick with quality decisions and jut just write for shock value. That is one of the main reasons I quit buying and reading.

Salutes Cap

I agree. Just look at Jean Grey. She's died around four or five times already. She's dead now, of course. And I think Marvel's planning on bringing her back. The main reason super heroes come back is because Stan Lee doesn't work there anymore and no one can come up with as good super heroes as he did.
mansonivan
i agree. it was always like that.
PBShop
Stan Lee is awesome. Losing his creative mind put a big dent in the comic world. COME BACK!