FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My Windows Xp gets rstart automatic what to do ?

shahzad11
I am experiencing a great proble that my windows Xp gets restart while using i used to confiure it but totally invain please tell me what should I do with that?
rheanna
Confused Can you explain in detail the problem your experiencing? Because I'm not understanding you. TY Might get more help if you rephrased your problem.
mOrpheuS
shahzad11 wrote:
I am experiencing a great proble that my windows Xp gets restart while using i used to confiure it but totally invain please tell me what should I do with that?

In windows XP, a BSOD will usually not persist onscreen making a system error appear just like a reboot.

If you're not sure that this isn't happening in your case, you could try doing the following to be actually able to read the error messages (if any) :

Goto "Control Panel" -> "System" -> "Advanced" -> "Startup and recovery (Settings)" -> uncheck the box next to "Automatic restart".
CyanEyed
has anyone else using that computer, or yourself, been attempting to overclock the processor? i found that causes continuous reboots if u overclock too much
Zzz.
I have the same problem. Yesterday it came to my view that the matter was provoked by my external hard disk (usb) Try to restart your machine without any pluged in and see what happens ?
SonLight
shahzad11 wrote:

I had a similar problem, with either Windows or Linux rebooting with no warning while I was using the computer. I determined experimentally that it was most likely to crash when the display was being changed a lot. I was able to work around the problem by slowing the memory speed in the BIOS setup. If I understand you right, you may have already tried changing BIOS settings. In any case, if you can identify a likely failing component there may be a new driver or some Windows configuration changes that will work.

If you have not, I suggest using the computer in "safe" mode for an extended period of time to see if it ever fails then.

My assumption is that an unexpected reboot with no warning message is more likely to be a hardware problem than not. The comment about the BSOD message may be an exception.
Macko112
Reseat your RAM, make sure the timings are correct and it is getting enough voltage.
akshar
Quote:
I had similar problem for two days and then my system crashed.Some one told me that it may be because of viruses.Just check out on that and see that you remove your ram and clean it and place it back again and start PC
cvkien
i see it not your hardware problem but software problem, anyway there are too many posibilities. windows xp has lot of problems like you facing now. and i see a lot of it, for sure i fix a lot of it also. so, there are many types of restart by its own.

1. it restart after you login into desktop then popup a shutdown windows
2. it restart after your computer has on and the windows logo bars load for once, then it restart
3. it restart when you turn on your computer, then when almost reach the welcome screen or after the windows xp logo load for few bars, then it come out blue screen saying that hardware error or someting like that, then it restart.
3. it restart suddenly when you using it.

for the 1st type, it maybe your there is trojan in your computer or a system file call svchost that end up by itself or cause by the user. this is simple. when it popup a shutdown window, then goto start-run then type shutdown -a

for the 2nd type, it might be your windows has corrupted, then the only solution is reinstall windwos xp.

for the 3rd type, it might be many posibilities, it might be your hardware problem, maybe it's driver but seldom know which 1. so normally you can repair by reinstall system file using xp disc. you can still get back all of your programs and document. or reboot into safemode then run system restore.

for the 4th type, it might be your processor overheat. so check either your processor fan is running and check the cpu tempreture in bios.

erm... i guess ram won't cause your computer restart. unless it burn already.