FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FRI$ to Buy Rank Icons?

Zampano
I don't know if this is old news and been discussed before but I think it would be interesting to have rank icons that can be bought for Fri $ when one has reached the highest rank (Senior FriHoster, I think).

EDIT: Apologies, it is Frihost Freak.

EDIT2: The option of buying the new ranks is only available to te member after he reaches Freak level; I thought this was obvious, but I guess not.
Arseniy
The highest rank is Founder Laughing . Just kidding, highest rank for simple user is FriHost Freak.
I don't think this suggestion is valuable, but it's interesting. This system of ranks has already settled down on forums.
And to do every rank image that had being offered is difficult, I think.
reddishblue
WOOOO by your logic I am at the top of the Fri-Foodchain! Anyway, who would make those images then, wouldn't there be too much demand for them?
If it is approved (unlikely) then frihosts designers, including me, could make them but it seems hard...
Blaster
haha i guess you have never seen my rank. Very Happy But they wont do something like this...
Marston
I think that posting is a better means of achieving a new rank image than spending frih$.
reddishblue wrote:
WOOOO by your logic I am at the top of the Fri-Foodchain! Anyway, who would make those images then, wouldn't there be too much demand for them?
If it is approved (unlikely) then frihosts designers, including me, could make them but it seems hard...
I beat you. Wink
Zampano
Marston wrote:
I think that posting is a better means of achieving a new rank image than spending frih$.
reddishblue wrote:
I beat you. Wink

Nonononono.
What I mean is that once you're at Freak stage, you can buy special ranks which might have an interesting logo or something.
If you're an adolescent, however, you're stuck with what you've got.
pashmina
that's not a good idea. It better you get ranks according to the post counts. Because that would be fair enough. if the rank could be bought, then i think most of them would be able to get the highest rank available
Zampano
pashmina wrote:
that's not a good idea. It better you get ranks according to the post counts. Because that would be fair enough. if the rank could be bought, then i think most of them would be able to get the highest rank available

Read the post above yours.
The rank icons would only be available after they got to Freak level.
By the way, your bow hunter person kicks ass. Very Happy
tidruG
It's not a bad idea.
However, it would create a mess in the Admin Panel to have too many ranks and their images. Also, what ranks and images are we to use?
toughtrio
Yeah, but I think once you reach the level of a Frihost Freak, i mean you are so much addicted to frihost that you cant live without posting on it, then it doesnot matter whatever rank you have. It might be the other way round for most people, like trying to be unique among all by having a different rank, but to me, it wont matter much, instead ofcourse, I hate the attribute of Freak attached to my account.

Warm Regards,
garionw
tidruG wrote:
It's not a bad idea.
However, it would create a mess in the Admin Panel to have too many ranks and their images. Also, what ranks and images are we to use?

Well maybe a tagline sort that appears under your rank
Captain Fertile
Zampano wrote:
Nonononono.
What I mean is that once you're at Freak stage, you can buy special ranks which might have an interesting logo or something.
If you're an adolescent, however, you're stuck with what you've got.

I think this is a great idea if there is nothing above FriHost Freak. It would allow the users who have the most posts to still show they are high up the 'food chain' and allow them a certain amount of individual expression if there was a selection to choose from - its better than the feeling of stagnation which could occur once you attain FriHost Freak Level (its not the most flattering of titles anyway).

I for one would be interested.
reddishblue
Of course Captain you will probebly have freak status in a month Wink
But the rank images would be easy to implement if only freaks can have it, support from me is earned Razz
Captain Fertile
reddishblue wrote:
Of course Captain you will probebly have freak status in a month Wink

Sadly my posting will be cut down over the next few months, I have a couple of exciting major projects going on in my life at the moment, both online and off, so can't give the forum the attention I have up until now. Crying or Very sad

But fear not - I shall be hanging around whenever I can and although I'm not sure what the requirement is for FriHost Freak I am sure I will get there sooner or later if the FriHost forums keep up their usual cool standards.

I have made some good friends here and don't plan to abandon them.

Anyway, Back on topic>>>
Blaster
Marston wrote:
reddishblue wrote:
I beat you. Wink

I beat you Razz

tidruG wrote:
It's not a bad idea.

Not right now. There is only 4 of us that are freaks that arn't staff.

Me
S3nd K3ys
Scorpio
Oculhoun.
reddishblue
+ S3nd K3ys is inactive now
Scorpio
reddishblue wrote:
+ S3nd K3ys is inactive now

Probably dead!

Anyway, this would be a nice idea. I would at least expect some perks being a freak.

Wink
Cal_123
Hmm, would it really catch on though? Alot of people post here and get the rank icons anyway, why would you need to 'buy' custom ones?
Blaster
because the freaks can't get any more ranks. Razz And i agree with scorpio.

And K3ys is still alive. He told me in a pm that he has other stuff going on now and he will be back when he feels up to it.
Scorpio
Cal_123 wrote:
Hmm, would it really catch on though? Alot of people post here and get the rank icons anyway, why would you need to 'buy' custom ones?

To show that we've contributed more, in terms of being active at frihost and thus proving that our loyalty to frihost has its rewards.

Also, that frihost indeed rewards people who are loyal to it.
Blaster
Cal_123 wrote:

simple... after frihost freak you don't get anymore ranks unless you get promoted to staff. And well for some people that isn't going to happen *looks at himself*
tidruG
Blaster wrote:
Cal_123 wrote:

simple... after frihost freak you don't get anymore ranks unless you get promoted to staff. And well for some people that isn't going to happen *looks at himself*

Would you like more ranks after Frihost Freaks?
Maybe something like "God Of All Posters" at 10,000 posts or something?
saratdear
tidruG wrote:
Blaster wrote:
Cal_123 wrote:

But hasn't Bondings said not to suggest this? Confused

Quote:

A list of things you shouldn't suggest (because we will never add them anyway or are already working on it):
18 ) More user ranks.

Even then, I support the original idea. You could make it like it is possible only after 5000 posts or something.

BTW, shouldn't you remove this
Quote:

14) Post reporting system

from the Things not to suggest thread? Seeing it's already implemented.
mathiaus
saratdear wrote:
BTW, shouldn't you remove this
Quote:

14) Post reporting system

from the Things not to suggest thread? Seeing it's already implemented.

Some people like to suggest already implemented features though Rolling Eyes
tidruG
@sarat,
I was joking about the addition of more ranks. We really aren't likely to add more ranks. Even till now, only 4 members are Frihost Freaks. Unless a lot of members become Frihost Freaks, I doubt if there is going to be any need to add more ranks Smile

BTW... someone suggested a tag-line under the rank... basically, you're talking about the status. Even if one were to allow custom statuses, it's not a very good idea, unless we get some sort of mod to do it. Alternately, I'm sure Bondings can code something, but it isn't likely to be implemented for some time.
Scorpio
tidruG wrote:
@sarat,
I was joking about the addition of more ranks. We really aren't likely to add more ranks. Even till now, only 4 members are Frihost Freaks. Unless a lot of members become Frihost Freaks, I doubt if there is going to be any need to add more ranks Smile

Dear tidrug, the purpose of ranks only for the frihost freaks is that it is a small and exclusive club. If everybody reaches the club, then what is the purpose of having specialized ranks.
Blaster
tidruG wrote:
Blaster wrote:
Cal_123 wrote:

Exactly what i want. I'll reach that in a year... then from there i'll bourass you some more for custom ranks... how about you can get a custom rank after you reach like 3000 posts or 4000 posts. Hey look thats only me and K3ys... and he isn't here much anymore... so really only me... lets do it. the rank i want is listed below

This is no laughing matter tidrug
tidruG
@Scorpio,
That is why I said that unless a lot more users enter the range of "Freaks", we aren't likely to introduce new ranks.

@Blaster,
You know that post count doesn't mean for being accepted into the staff.
And yes, I know it's no laughing matter.
And yes, I know that a lot of people want to be Jr Admin on Frihost, or even Moderators. Smile
Marston
I dont think the point of being on an internet forum is to accumulate the largest number of (usually unhelpful) posts...
wumingsden
Marston wrote:
I dont think the point of being on an internet forum is to accumulate the largest number of (usually unhelpful) posts...

Well said. Some members with a high post count think that this is a great thing, looking at their post content however is a different matter. I personally don't see the need for the suggestion, although when the shop system is made and implemented (in the far, far, far future), it may be interesting to see it in action.
Like Blaster mentioned, there are only 4 members who have such a high post count too, and only three of these are active.

A nice suggestion, but I don't think its a needed thing at frihost at the moment.
ChrisCh
Zampano wrote:
Nonononono.

... or you could just have an avatar.
ocalhoun
garionw wrote:

Well maybe a tagline sort that appears under your rank

That would be a good idea, and would allow anyone to purchase them, not just frihost freaks.

Blaster wrote:

Oculhoun.

Nobody ever can get my name right...
Blaster
I know i can't ocaleruad Very Happy

But i think it should go to only the freaks. We should get perks like that Very Happy
saratdear
Blaster wrote:
I know i can't ocaleruad Very Happy

But i think it should go to only the freaks. We should get perks like that Very Happy

Discrimination based on post count?

Objection!

Rolling Eyes

Maybe make it like this. The freaks can earn a special tagline sort of thing to classify them as a different "group".
And, the normal Frihost users(From New mamber to Senior Frihoster) can buy custom titles or ranks or whatever possible by using frih$.

But hey, what I said is a win-win situation for everyone(atleast from my perspective). The freaks get the "special" status they want and the normal Frihost users with lots of frih$ get what they want, too.
Montressor
saratdear wrote:
The freaks get the "special" status they want...
That's the part I don't understand, if a member has been here for any length of time, been posting noteworthy posts, and have made friendships and connections with others, shouldn't the respect they incurred though their "journey" be a more deserving recognition than any little banner placed above their avatar? You ask any FriHoster with any knowledge of FriHost who Blaster is, everyone knows, do you really need more than that?

Some of my favorite FriHosters have "relatively" low post counts when compared to those higher in the chain (TTP had only 800, not 4000+).

I don't consider the opinions presented in the posts of others any better for simply having a huge number next to the post. If I know the poster, then I'll pay attention to their posting (in degrees proportionate to the quality of previous postings), if not then I don't really care how long they've been here, nor how many posts they've made.

Once a user reaches around 100 or so posts, and I've noted some/many of those posts, I figure they're serious about what they are trying to state, and I'm more likely to respond, once a user reaches 4000+ posts I start wondering about their sanity (probably why they're aptly named Freaks Wink ).
Blaster
Yea but i have a lot of asset to this forum. I don't only post topics but i've spent a lot of time reporting posts too. Just ask the staff how many posts i've reported. So me spending my time i think I deserve it... oh and its TPP not TTP so i guess you don't know her that well. Also i've started some really good posts along with scorpio. Such posts as The 9/11 post and WW III post. So we have contributed a lot. Same thing with Horse lover (i forgot your name again Razz) and S3nd K3ys. Oh and i have more enemys in staff then friends. So don't act like i'm this big suckup or something like that.
Vrythramax
Look at it this way Blaster....even if some of the highest posting staffers resigned, they will never have your rank....we would be counted as "Retired Moderator" or "Retired Admin"....and stay that way forever.

You got as far as you can go...relish in your victory. When you reach the top of a mountain....don't seek to jump off too Smile
Blaster
Well there still is 3 4 ranks. And one i know i will never get (founder) and the one that i am most likely to get (banned) but hey i can still get moderator or junior admin. But thats never happening. I just enjoy reaching my personal goal.
Vrythramax
Blaster wrote:
Well there still is 3 4 ranks. And one i know i will never get (founder) and the one that i am most likely to get (banned) but hey i can still get moderator or junior admin. But thats never happening. I just enjoy reaching my personal goal.

Actually only 2 you could earn...Moderator and Jr. Admin. , I am an Account Creator as well as a Moderator, but since it doesn't relate to the forums directly (It deals with the webhosting accounts) it holds no special rank title/image/badge. The only others I can think of is "Rank Designer" (closed), and "Founder" (also closed). Not counting the Retired ranks which I'm sure your not interested in.
garionw
Vrythramax wrote:
Blaster wrote:

Actually only 2 you could earn...Moderator and Jr. Admin. , I am an Account Creator as well as a Moderator, but since it doesn't relate to the forums directly (It deals with the webhosting accounts) it holds no special rank title/image/badge. The only others I can think of is "Rank Designer" (closed), and "Founder" (also closed). Not counting the Retired ranks which I'm sure your not interested in.

Who was the rank designer?
wumingsden
garionw wrote:
Vrythramax wrote:
Blaster wrote:

Who was the rank designer?

DragonFlame - http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-59693.html#59693
garionw
wumingsden wrote:

Thanks, he doesn't have the rank anymore Rolling Eyes
wumingsden
garionw wrote:
wumingsden wrote:

He never has had it.
Blaster
Vrythramax wrote:
Blaster wrote:

Not true. If i where to get banned i would have then there would be a new one.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-61849.html#61849 i would love one of the non used ranks there Very Happy Some of them are actually pretty nice.
Scorpio
wumingsden wrote:
garionw wrote:
wumingsden wrote:

He never has had it.

Bondings wrote:
As you might have seen, I already put the new ads online. dragonflame, I forgot to change your rank to "Rank designer" and only did it now. However, if you want to have the regular ranks, please pm me. By the way, thanks again for the great ranks

Apparently, he has. Rolling Eyes

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-65269.html#65269
wumingsden
scorpio wrote:
wumingsden wrote:
garionw wrote:
wumingsden wrote:

He never has had it.

Bondings wrote:
As you might have seen, I already put the new ads online. dragonflame, I forgot to change your rank to "Rank designer" and only did it now. However, if you want to have the regular ranks, please pm me. By the way, thanks again for the great ranks

Apparently, he has. Rolling Eyes

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-65269.html#65269

Hmm, I thought I read that it was never used Confused Sounds like they wanted a regular rank then according to bondings reply. I think there may be some kind of system that deals with ranks in the (very far in the future) shop system.
Vrythramax
Blaster wrote:

Not true. If i where to get banned i would have then there would be a new one.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-61849.html#61849 i would love one of the non used ranks there Very Happy Some of them are actually pretty nice.

Actually very true, other ranks we discussed and dismissed, the ones we have now are the only ones currently in service.....or was that not apparent to you?

To close this discussion with a padlock, I'd like to point out that Ranks can NOT be bought here at Frihost, they are earned. The current Rank(s)/Images in use are the only ones available.

EOL.

-closed-