FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ship a free Ubuntu 6.06 LTS OS

NinyaEvu
Not sure if it has been posted but i haven't seen it around

By visiting the below link you can request a free Linux Ubuntu 6.06 LTS to be shipped to your home. Download links also available.

https://shipit.ubuntu.com/
desertwind
Very old news.

Good for ppl those who are not aware yet.
pashmina
thank you for the information. I would rather download them.
akshar
Quote:
yahh its old news but good for freshers
CyanEyed
i think that service has been available since the inception of ubuntu (although that may be an exaggeration Wink )

but its easier to download and burn it as a bootable disk. but from my experience, ubuntu is only good if only you have and no one else does, and u want to hide stuff Wink
SonLight
CyanEyed wrote:
i think that service has been available since the inception of ubuntu (although that may be an exaggeration Wink )

but its easier to download and burn it as a bootable disk. but from my experience, ubuntu is only good if only you have and no one else does, and u want to hide stuff Wink

Ubuntu has made a commitment, from the beginning of the project, to make an easy-to-use Linux system available to anyone who wants it, according to their motto: "Ubuntu for humans".

For those with high-speed internet service, downloading is the easy choice. Realizing that much of the world's population has only dial-up, they chose to make free CD's available without cost, but with a time delay which varies to some extent according to the demand for the disks.

I find Ubuntu to be the first Linux system I would be likely to recommend to a first-time computer user.
outofnicks
I've been using Ubuntu full time for a year now with very little problems except in the beginning when I was overly experimental and screwed it up royally--so I had to do a clean re-install. Now I do a global back up a couple times a month, and more often with important stuff but had no reason to use it yet. And I don't play around much with the main install, but have other partitions for experimental purposes. I'm a web developer and just a plain ol' geek if you all can relate to that Wink I like trying new things just for the learning experience.
And, I am so glad I never used that Other Operating System much, but I was a Mac lover before Linux.
Since I'm on dialup, I had to use the CD ship-it option and the first time it took 4 weeks--the second time for a major version update, I had to wait 6 weeks but it was worth it.