FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Fight

Yantaal
the time has come WWIII. Would you fight for England (or your country) or would you not.

I despite many negative feelings towards england would fight to the end for them. I still feel a pride fopr england that i would fight for.

anyone else?
Hogwarts
Yantaal wrote:
the time has come WWIII. Would you fight for England (or your country) or would you not.

I despite many negative feelings towards england would fight to the end for them. I still feel a pride fopr england that i would fight for.

anyone else?

I wouldn't fight at all.

If we have no intention to fight, then there shall hopefully be no war. Perhaps some may call me an optimistic fool, though.
Rako
I'm an Australian and i love my country. if it came to wwIII i would fight if australia was being invaded or directly threatened, but i would not go over to the middle east somewhere and fight in a war that dose not affect my country. I am against fighting and would only fight to save my country.
Coledash
I wouldnt fight for anyone but my own country (Finland), and even then I wouldnt do anything but to defend my country, as shelfish as it sounds I dont really care risking my life for anyone else than my brethrens.

After all, Finland is still the only country who have fought alone against Facist Germany and the Soviet Union.
coolclay
All countries and societies come to an end sometime. I don't see the point in fighting. Even the biggest empires in the world, Romans, Mayans, Incans, Egyptians, etc. have fallen. Best to just stock up on supplies, and go into hiding, in the wilderness.
psycosquirrel
I respect my country (the USA) to a certain extent. But if there is a WWIII, f this place, I'm leaving. The USA gets their hands dirty in too much, and has gotten too many enemies. I'll move to Switzerland. Very Happy
Zampano
Hogwarts wrote:
Yantaal wrote:

anyone else?

I wouldn't fight at all.

If we have no intention to fight, then there shall hopefully be no war. Perhaps some may call me an optimistic fool, though.

Darn tootin'; even though people cll me sometimes a violent person, I believe it is immoral to kill any one, no matter what the cause.
Even still, I don't hold much respect for any country at all, and wouldn't go.
Perhaps though, I'd need to go in order to finally mature completely. Perhaps for that sole purpose I would go, and horrify myself with the horrors of war, so that if I return, I would be a functioning adult when I grow up. If war doesn't do that to me, I might as well just die there.
Kaisonic
Nah, I'm too lazy to fight. I'll just chill here and play some video games, unless some Communists or Terrorists or something knock on my door, then I'd have to whip out an M-16 and blow them away.
HDirtwater
I would not fight. I suck at it.
darknight985
Quote:
I would not fight. I suck at it.

Um im pretty sure that didn't aid this thread in the least.

Quote:
Nah, I'm too lazy to fight. I'll just chill here and play some video games, unless some Communists or Terrorists or something knock on my door, then I'd have to whip out an M-16 and blow them away.

I find it very unlikely that if you are just going to play videogames, you will have enough money for an M-16. Plus if they did invade, they wouldn't knock on the door.

I would definately fight for my country (america) even though it does sometimes get into the wrong things, I still love this country, 'till I die Cool
David_Pardy
I always get appalled when I see people who wouldn't fight.

You're afraid to die for your family, friends, country? You wouldn't sacrifice your life to save those who you say you love?

You're nothing more than a coward. Even if you hate your country, wouldn't you fight for your HOME? The fact is, you live there, you're a part of it no matter how much you hate it. It's not like anyone here lives in impoverished nations in Africa where you defend yourself against your own country. Each one of us here lives in relative freedom, the fact that you have a computer in your home suggests that you at least have the freedom to live in relative peace.

If the cost of my life would create a better future for my country, absolutely I would fight for it. People who sit there cowering under the staircase while their neighbours get blown to shreds either better be disabled or otherwise physically incapable of fighting. The least you could do is act in a non-combative fashion (there are secretaries in the army, you know...)
Zampano
David_Pardy wrote:

You're afraid to die for your family, friends, country? You wouldn't sacrifice your life to save those who you say you love?

You're nothing more than a coward. Even if you hate your country, wouldn't you fight for your HOME? The fact is, you live there, you're a part of it no matter how much you hate it. It's not like anyone here lives in impoverished nations in Africa where you defend yourself against your own country. Each one of us here lives in relative freedom, the fact that you have a computer in your home suggests that you at least have the freedom to live in relative peace.

If the cost of my life would create a better future for my country, absolutely I would fight for it. People who sit there cowering under the staircase while their neighbours get blown to shreds either better be disabled or otherwise physically incapable of fighting. The least you could do is act in a non-combative fashion (there are secretaries in the army, you know...)

David, I am a pacifist, and to support fighting or anything of the support, is to me immoral.
As you claim that I am a coward, I'll point out to you that I neatly summarized that the reason I don't fight is not because I am cowardly but rather that I am a brave person who believes that it is morally incorrect to kill. Is that unfounded to you?

I believe, that, in the fashion of many before me, I would oppose any fighting as a peaceful noncombatant as I [punchline] believe God would want me to. [/punchline]
Is this hard for you to comprehend?
psycosquirrel
David_Pardy wrote:

Home is where you make it. I don't really care where I live, and I know there are much nicer places than Atlanta, Ga, USA, where I could live and not worry about being hated by most of the civilized world because our government is ignorant and gets involved in way too many conflicts they have nothing to do with.

If I had to fight, for my family and those I love, give me a damn gun. I've played FPS's my whole life, shot many guns, and played combative games (airsoft / paintball) on almost any tactical situation. My reaction time is better than anyone's I know, and I can shoot extremely well considering my lack of any training. I'm not afraid to die, and I'm not afraid to kill. My morals go against the latter, but I think it is perfectly moral to kill in defense of myself or those I love. But, in the end, I really hope it won't come to that. Bloodshed is usually not necessary, but sometimes only violence can solve conflict.
reddishblue
I would fight to defend my country but not to attack another country, I see little point in following Australia to oblitarate someone else, however if it were Australia in direct danger I would stand.
I think some posters in this thread are a bit cowardly, using the "let someone else die to save me" persona which I find hopeless.
scotty
I'd fight but I would want to be on the ground. I'd go the air force or something.
Yantaal
i agree, but saying you would onyl defend your country.

what uf your neigbouring country what being wiped out, would you not try to help?

i want to protexct the inocent, but who knows, i suppose eventually that just leads to joinming in any old war, where do you draw the line?
reddishblue
Australia is quite isolated, unlike any country in Europe/Asia and no, what happens in a neighboring country is certainly not my problem and not worth risking my life for.
Yantaal
haha, in the words of Churchill

Quote:
"We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old. "

that gets me all patriotic and i would defend england against anything, bring bck churchill!

i will defend my island till the very end
bartdou
people were born for fighting, so why not fight?
The_Gamer294
i wouldnt choose to go but if i had to i'd join the us navy and just stand on a boat. wee.
hunnyhiteshseth
I will not fight direcctly as in the case of physical fight. But I will use my technical expertise to destroy enemies & protect my country.
TruPain
I would fight anyone that felt the need to attack me... I live in the US, and I must say, that even though we have more freedom than many other places, this country in a whole sucks... then again, I really can't tink of many other places I would rather be... each area seems to have thier problems...

But if the US were to have an invasion, and someone came at me shooting or someone in my family was in danger, damn straight... there would be a lot of dead people... whoever was threatening my family would be dead, wether it was a friend or foe...

But nah, I would not fight for our country... people that have fought in past wars get shit on anyways... My father was Honorably discharged as a sargent from the veitnam war (police action whatever you want to call it), and he has asked for some assistance form the government becase his wife is terminally ill with cancer and he is currently unemployed due to a shitty boss that he worked for, for over 30 years... they told him that they could give him $120 per month... yay... how is that for the government helping out verterns....
Vrythramax
I would fight against the actual invasion of my country, but not over politics.

I already served my time with the military and have had my share of fighting just to follow orders.
Idoru
Fight...? Well, for my family, I have to admit, but for my country?
Nope, in a way the country should be an extention of the family,
but that doesn't work for me. Would it be so, I propablly would, but
now I like to see the face, heart and love to be motivated to such a
thing as fighting.
mstreet
I fight for what I feel is right. I'd like to think we could come to a conclusion though in a diplomatic way. If needed I'd fight for my country I'm not the type to just sit and watch things happen.
Hobbit
I would protest against the war, and light myself on fire to prove a point. But there can't be a WW3, if there is then it only takes on nuclear weapon to start a nuclear war which will end in the destruction of the world.
Vrythramax
Hobbit wrote:
I would protest against the war, and light myself on fire to prove a point. But there can't be a WW3, if there is then it only takes on nuclear weapon to start a nuclear war which will end in the destruction of the world.

You would light yourself on fire to prove a point.....I seriously doubt that. It seems you won't even take the time to make an actual stance on this particular topic without digression.

WWIII will not start with a nuke, but may end with many....then you would not have to concern yourself with dousing yourself with petrol and lighting a match....it will be done for you.
Yjaxygames
I would fight for my own country. As a pilot or something Laughing
Tuxy
I am too fat and lazy too fight... I could be a evil scientist and design bio-weapons Twisted Evil
darrenpaul
I'm from Ireland, were neutral, so no worries here. To the question, if I had to fight for my country, I would.
Yazz
I would stock up and hide in the wilderness. I mean, the fighting will never end till all the fighty people die, so I'll just wait it out. Trying to preach peace to them is like trying to grin at a bear to make it go away.

Anyways, I seriously doubt that fighting fighting would work well. And as for fighting for a country? Well I think patriotism is great and all, but it's not for me. I think everything is corrupt and will continue to be until there's a huge world-wide revolution involving an accidental spill of nerve gas which only targets idiots.

Yay for a neutral world!
David_Pardy
That anti-Idiot gas sounds good Wink.