FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Pantheism and Panentheism verses Religion and Atheism

silkmesh
Faith in wilderness, or in nature as a creative force... is a philosophy, a faith; it is even, if you like, a religion. It puts your ultimate trust not in human intelligence, but in whatever it is that created human intelligence."

- Joseph Wood Krutch

Pantheism holds that the cosmos, taken or conceived of as a whole, is synonymous with God. The Cosmos is divine, and the earth sacred

Panentheism holds that the universe is God's body, but God's awareness or personality is greater than the sum of all the parts of the universe. All the parts have some degree of freedom in co-creating with God. At the start of its momentary career as a subject, an experience is God--as the divine initial aim. As the experience carries on its choosing process, it is a freely aiming reality that is not strictly God, since it departs from God's purpose to some degree. Yet everything is within God

There are millions of people in the world that take a pantheist or Panentheism view, believing that there is a God, and that every atom within the universe is part of the ultimate being, to include human beings, that we are part of a big plan and our lives are predestined.

Pantheism is as old as the Islamic faith, Panentheism was devised by Karl C. F. Krause (1781-1832). Some races such as the North American Indians have practiced a pantheist type of religion for many thousands of years. Similarly like all main man made religions the Pantheist belief has been influence the great Greek philosophers.

To my mind this view is more scientific one and blends very nicely with the big bang theory. A living universe and a living planet everything linked in harmony and disharmony, although pantheism is not a true religion or faith or is it? However it would seem to be a more intellectual belief than pure Atheism.

No magic, no mystic no mumbo jumbo just a plain possible explanations that an ultimate being exists or could exist. Perhaps later when man becomes fully civilized, this belief could be part of a main and only faith of a utopian society maybe bringing peace to this troubled world.

I am sorry to say I will only answer sensible remarks about Pantheism and Panentheism verses Religion and Atheism.

Best Regards
Indi
silkmesh wrote:
However it would seem to be a more intellectual belief than pure Atheism.

Atheism is not a belief. It is a category that includes some beliefs and some things that are not beliefs. The only common thing that defines all atheists is that they are not theists.

silkmesh wrote:
Perhaps later when man becomes fully civilized, this belief could be part of a main and only faith of a utopian society maybe bringing peace to this troubled world.

I am sorry to say I will only answer sensible remarks about Pantheism and Panentheism verses Religion and Atheism.

Pantheistic or panentheistic beliefs would be religious beliefs, pretty much by definition. Where does the "verses [sp]" come from? (Unless you're going to say that God just doesn't matter and should be ignored, any belief that includes the existence of a god is a religion - and if you're going to say that God can be totally ignored... how is it any different, functionally, from most atheist beliefs?)

Many forms of the largest modern religions are already panentheistic, or very close to it. How would either pantheism, panentheism... or deism or anything else... bring peace? You say it would bring peace when everyone shares that same religion (or if you don't want to call it religion, call it belief), right? Well wouldn't we have same peace if everyone embraced Islam (the same form of Islam, obviously, with all the same beliefs and standards)? Or if we all embraced Scientology? Or any religion (or belief)?

In other words, other than those beliefs happen to be what you embrace, what makes them special? And why would the world be any better if everyone followed your religion (beliefs, whatever) and not mine, or someone else's?
silkmesh
Ah our definitions differ its possible they may as their are many ideas published that differ also. Also my explaination could of caused confusion to some and your lack of knowlege concerning Atheism.

Hard Atheism is the disbelief as defined by The 18th-century French author Baron d'Holbach who was one of the first self-described atheists.

Weak atheists are all non-theists who are not strong atheists. (The word "god" can refer either to all deities, or a limited subset of deities..

I think most atheists tend to be Weak Atheist? its a very grey area as many use the word Atheist without really knowing what it means.

Atheist: A (Anti or Non) Theist (God)

It is still a belief in there being no God, that was what I was referring to, thanks for the correction.

A religion is a set of beliefs and practices with adherence to codified beliefs and rituals and study of ancestral or cultural traditions and mythology, as well as personal faith and mystic experience.

Pantheism and Panentheism are beliefs in one super entity (creator) but not not in rituals which means that it is not a religion but a believe, some say its Weak Atheism of which it is.

Actually if there was just one Religion, or, no Religion I do believe there would be more harmony, to me it would be logical to expect a probability that in the far future religion will not exist as more and more people wakeup and realize that Christianity, Islam and the Jewish Faiths are Hog wash. But that is my opinion and, and you have your’s

Your remark to my post made me realize, I will must classify my belief as a “Weak Atheist with some Pantheism views” to be politically correct, thanks.

Thanks