FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PS3 is here soon.

Far too expensive or a bargain steal?
Seems fair enough, I'll buy.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The price is a bit iffy, but I'll probably buy sometime after release.
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Not decided yet.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No, it's not really worth the price of a PC which could probably do a whole lot more..
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
SONY R EAT UR BABIEZ!!!1
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Vinas
Well, for us EU users anyway. I just recieved an email from GAME. Here it is.
Quote:
Game are now able to confirm delivery for launch day for all existing preorders. End users should HURRY and place their order now for guaranteed delivery on the 23rd March!

Please note: Confirmed orders dependant on stock availability. GAME has had its PS3 launch allocation officially confirmed by Sony. Game are currently able to confirm launch day delivery of all existing preorders, and there is still time to place a guaranteed order, dependant on Sony fulfilling our agreements as regard to stock allocation numbers and delivery dates.

They have also increased the bundles available so that there are now 4 PS3 bundles on offer. These include:

- Sony PlayStation 3 with Resistance: Fall of Man and GAMEware HDMI Cable - 477.97
- Sony PlayStation 3 with Resistance: Fall of Man and Motorstorm - 504.97
- Sony PlayStation 3 with Resistance: Fall of Man, Call of Duty 3 and Motorstorm - 554.96
- Sony PlayStation 3 with Resistance: Fall of Man, Virtua Fighter 5, Virtua Tennis 3 - 564.96

The bundles can be viewed on the preorder page at the following link - http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=7068 - and PS3 creative will be available from this afternoon 23/02/07.

So what do you think? Far too expensive (for a console) or a bargain steal? I'll probably be buying, but a few months after it's released. Chances are there'll be some problems with them or the price will drop a little. Who knows. DISCUSS!
Blu_Spykz
The pricing of such consoles are really stupid...

but, eventually, I will buy one.

I am currently only looking forward to Resident Evil 5, and Metal Gear 4... although I'm sure I will amass a larger game horde than that.

In fairness, it's the better half of 1000 which can be spent a little more wiser...
Fake
I know i wont be buyng one. I have a better rig with more functions on it
Vinas
Blu_Spykz wrote:
In fairness, it's the better half of 1000 which can be spent a little more wiser...

Yeah, you do have a point there. There're only two games so far that I'll be getting a PS3 for. Final Fantasy XIII and A Knight's Story. Chances are though, some other decent ones will come out between now and when I actually buy.