FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Star Wars Picture - Real or not?

What is the origin of this picture?
Larking about between takes
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Purely a photshop creation
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Something else (please state what)
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
No Idea
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Captain Fertile
So many threads this could be added to but I guess this will be of most interest to movie fans.

What is the origin of this picture?

Is this just some larking about between takes, purely a photshop creation or something else?

Personally I think it may be some promotional still of some kind.

What do you think? Or maybe you even know and can prove it!
kerryworkman
I don't really know, and deffinately can't prove it. I am just speculating, but I dont think it is anything intentionally produced by lucas films. The background prop is kind of weak and dosen't look like anything I remember from empire strikes back, which is what I assume it is from based on her snow outfit. The chick does looks alot like Carrie Fisher, but I am not 100% sure it's her (mabye i,m trippin). It may be some kind promo for a starwars spoof, or a couple of students in theatre arts class with way too much time on their hands, or some sort of staged photograph for some obscure artice written on star wars, mabye between takes like you said .... whatever it is it's awsome! Very Happy

Brings a whole new meaning to punch it choowie! ;P
Captain Fertile
kerryworkman wrote:
Brings a whole new meaning to punch it choowie! ;P

ROLMAO!!! Yeah, never thought of that! Laughing Laughing
HDirtwater
My initial reaction is pure photoshop. Carrie Fisher;s head just doesn't look right compared to her body, even though back in 1979 (when they filmed ESB) she was very small.

I'd love to believe it's real, but then why haven't I seen this pic until now? I consider myself a pretty big SW fan (I saw the original as a kid), so I think I would have seen this somewhere...
HoboPelican
I wish I know for sure. Chewies hand on Leia looks legit....the loose fur looks good under magnification.Leia's head/suit juncture is believable, but the head/red background juncture on her left side looks suspicious. I can't remember seeing a Carrie Fisher head shot with that surprised look, but I am gonna dig a little.

I would say 75% chance of being phony-shopped.

EDIT 2/6/07 11:58
I found this link about this pic. Doesn't really answer the question, but it is fun to read.
Is it real?