FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Partition lost, which repair tool is good ?

blueray
Hi, I'am experienced the hard disk partition lost and windows 2000 see it as a raw partition. The partition type is fat32. Do any one could suggests a good hard disk repair tool ?

Thanks

Eric,
asianwannabe999
No one's helping you!!! Crying or Very sad Not to worry I have a tip for you.

Hint:
Acronis Disk Director has done wonders for me in the past.
pollux1er
Partition Magic
redice
pollux1er wrote:
Partition Magic

Partition Magic can only re-part the disk. It cannot restore your data. You may try ultimatebootcd - http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/index.html.

Quote:
Ultimate Boot CD is completely free for the download, or could be obtained for a small fee. If you had somehow paid a ridiculous amount of money for it, you have most likely been fleeced. The least you could do is to make as many copies of the offical UBCD and pass it to your friends, relatives, colleagues or even complete strangers to minimize the per unit cost of your loss!
fadirocks
redice wrote:
pollux1er wrote:
Partition Magic

Partition Magic can only re-part the disk. It cannot restore your data. You may try ultimatebootcd - http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/index.html.

Quote:
Ultimate Boot CD is completely free for the download, or could be obtained for a small fee. If you had somehow paid a ridiculous amount of money for it, you have most likely been fleeced. The least you could do is to make as many copies of the offical UBCD and pass it to your friends, relatives, colleagues or even complete strangers to minimize the per unit cost of your loss!

Ultimate Boot CD is awesome also look UBCD for Windows
http://www.ubcd4win.com/

Cheers Smile
ahamed
I had this problem earlier and i must say Partition Magic did the job for me. It's really a great tools to recover partition. Let's try that one.
umeshtangnu
You can also recover your partition using the Recovery console of your windows 2000 installation disk
All you have to do is boot from the windows 2000 installation disk and select the recovery console from the options then login to the appropriate windows installation .
Then execute these two commands
fixboot
Fixmbr

this step i hove will bring back your lost drive after that you can use any disk recovery software .
Get Back Data for Fat is good one along with Stellar phoenix's date recovery tool
Teezgaff
Hi all, rather than creating a new post I'll add mine to this...

I have a 120GB drive that has started having problems (bout 300 bad blocks so far). I'm trying to get my data off it but get the usual redundancy check error and can't find specified sector.

Are there any software packages to recover what can be read or something to repair the bad sectors so I can get my stuff off it?
asianwannabe999
http://www.recovermyfiles.com/data-recovery-software-download.php

The above link will help you. It's recovered my files from hard drives that have lost even the partition tables.
Teezgaff
Hmmm using recover my files it has taken 44hrs so far. It's about a fifth of the way through a 25GB partition off the main drive.. This will be a very very long process...
asianwannabe999
The wait is definitely worth it. By the way, did you get your files recovered by now?
rheanna
There is a program called PC Doctor

Buy that.. Well worth it..doesn't cost too much...Least I don't think it does. But has helped me numerous of times in tight situations.

Should help you..

I forgot what I used to repair my partions but I think it was that program. I forgot where I got it too. It fixes just about everything that screws up on the computer.

Hope it helps... Look on ebay..
blueray
I have found a software that automatically detected that the partitions of my hard drive is corrupted. But I haven't used it so far. Because I need to backup the data first. This following is the screen capture.

Software Name: PTDD Partition Table Doctor.

bulek
Try with Partition magic, it helped me once in similar situations. PC doctor is also very good program. You can try it if Partition magic won't work.
Jaan
Second Partition Magic, most reliable.
cvkien
storing files into external hdd or burn it to cd would be a good advice for you for the next time. tools for repair hdd need complicated procedure, and it takes long times and it doesn't promise to get back your files.
blueray
Thank you every one Razz
I have already restore my hd and it's data
The problems are due to partition's boot sector corrupted
So, with PTDD fixed my boot sector.
Everything was back Smile

Thank you very much !!!

[FIG]

Eric,
Regards,
redice
blueray wrote:
Thank you every one Razz
I have already restore my hd and it's data
The problems are due to partition's boot sector corrupted
So, with PTDD fixed my boot sector.
Everything was back Smile
Thank you very much !!!

[FIG]

Eric,
Regards,

Very good app! I have a hard disk error for a long time, and have no advise on how to recover them. Hope this can save my disk. Thank very much.
gnubug
mbrfix will be able to undelete and write the mbr signatures back to hard drive with no loss of data. Used for serveral years and when it has never failed me yet..
internetjobs
hiren's boot cd have a lot of softwares, download lagest hiren's boot cd like ver 8.3 or higher. this may solve your problems
kuyman
I can personally say http://www.recovermyfiles.com/ is the best utility I've ever used for anything like this. I accidentally repartitioned my external hard drive and it was able to restore all 200 GBs of them. It does take a while though (anywhere from 8-14 hours depending on CPU speed, connection type, disk size, etc.)

It sucks to lose data and I hope you get it back fast. If you do pick the Recover My Files tool, make sure you pick the right tool the first time (so check their website first) and don't run any disk checks or defragmentations (you could lose data or file names, and then you'd have 49456 files named untitled.)
kuyman
Have you made any progress on your data recovery? I'd be very intersted to know which program you used and if you were able to get any of your data back. Maybe this information could be useful to other users at some point. Please reply if you have any new information. Thanks!
ssthanapati
I used "recover lost data"..... it has done wonders for me... U may try it.............
web_harman
well all i can think of is Partition Magic 8.......

i have used it many times
cavus
You can rescue your lost partition eith PC Inspector File Recovery but recovering your files will be very slow.

After rescue the lost partition, you can move your harddisk to other PC that Vista loaded. When starting it will be ask for recover files and if you say yes it will take 10 minutes.

So after that, you will use your files at your machine again.
xbcd
http://www.r-tt.com/

i used the linux tool and it was great so i imagine the windows one would be amazing too.
internetjobs
There is lot of third party software available in the market. try to repair your lost partition. u must connect as slave hdd then run the software...
gabrielcastillo
Try running a simple CHKDSK from you CMD, set the switch's to repair and recover. This should work.

If all else fails EASUSE will work good. If you need a copy let me know and I will hook you up.
portoskt
try recovermyfiles software, if that can help
menino
Try to download Hiren's boot cd 13.2
Once you boot from that, there are a few tools to repair the partition.

BUT, if you get a chance to recover your files, by using getbackdata software for fat32 partitions, then that would be the way to go.
Once you backup your files, remove the partition, and reformat it again.