FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Video games - good thing, or a waste of space?

wellerchap
I think games are excellent fun for a little bit of escapism, but spending far too much time on them, often at the expense of getting out there in good old fashioned fresh air, is terrible.
Kids will be kids and will spend all day & night in front of the TV with a controller in hand if allowed, but I reckon games are one of the reasons why we're all getting fatter....and the rubbish we have to eat these days!
linastrin
I totally support video games of all kind, because the escape as you said is just awesome. If one has a problem with getting fat, though, try playing a game that makes you want to get out and do something(for example, the Tony Hawk's series make me want to go out and skate), or better yet games that require one to move around (like Dance Dance Revolution, which is also a game I really enjoy). Video games are not a waste of time ever. They're a career and they build hand eye coordination while being super fun at the same time!
Mordane
Quote:
why we're all getting fatter....and the rubbish we have to eat these days!

I just got a Wii, its the future. Casual exercise AND entertainment. But as for the traditional gamer sterotype, yeah sat down eating greasy pizza and mountain dew only moving your thumbs for exersise isnt going to anyone anygood.

But damn its fun.
gh0stface
Well, according to this CNN article, if you're a surgeon, gaming may help a bit actually Wink

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/fun.games/02/19/surgery.games.reut/index.html

So don't quite give up gaming yet!
rheanna
Video games are a stress reliever ;o)
lethaltriad
Video games are great but with everything in life.. too much of anything isnt good. I almost had to get presription glasses because I was playing so much. My eyes were getting bad so I eased off it for a while.
nhuabo
Some game are great I think,which can take you to a all new Virtual world.
It is a relaxation of everyday lives.
I think it is good to play some games sometime.