FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Best Signature Line

radel
I've been a member of many forums and have seen many clever, inspiring and clever signature lines. Since this forum has already 20,000+ members, I would like to invite you to share your favorite signature line.

Rules: Don't suggest your own signature.

To start the ball rolling: I love this one from tidruG, one of our admins: "I BAN PEOPLE"
catscratches
Let's see now...
Maybe TechnoX from a swedish forum
Quote:
Super Mario? Ja det g๖r han

translated to english
Quote:
Does Mario drink? Yes he does

followed by
Quote:
And eat death caps so that he think he is in a land with talking mushrooms and turtles.
reddishblue
I always loved the classic "This is not a sig"
Captain Fertile
In about 1995 I saw the BEST sig line I have ever read (and I have since used it myself from time to time):

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Laughing Laughing
Zampano
I always like the one the admin (one of my friends) uses at Daveak Forums.

Desmond's Signature wrote:
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!
varon
My friend's signature goes:

"When I die, bury me face down so the world can kiss my ass."

A little old, but still kickass AND hilarious. Razz
Artelis
I saw one on a different site that said "Simply Stated." I thought that was classy.
radel
I saw this one on some other forum:

The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better'. So I installed LINUX... Very Happy
Rako
"The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better'. So I installed LINUX..."

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers."

those 2 are the best i've ever herd there now on my msn
Zug Zug
"If my faults deserve punishment, my youth at least, and my impurdence, were worth of exuse. God and poserity will show me more favor" Lady Jane Grey.

It's my friends signature.
Petee
Quote:
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather - peacefully asleep - and not screaming like the passengers in his car . . .

Now, now, Syd. Movies don't create psychos. Movies make psychos more creative.

I found these two on some other forum awhile back. The top one is similar to the one already in this thread, but it's a little different. I think this one sounds better. Razz

I also like this one too, being a Linux user myself Wink
Quote:
The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better'. So I installed LINUX...
catscratches
I've been to a forum with extremely great signatures, someone calles Tomatoworm or something, and a lot of other users had great signatures. But that forum is down for the moment. And has been for about 3 weeks. :/ Sad
Lessien
i can't remember where i saw those but i found them rather funny
think a friend of mine used them
he sure sounded like he loves his computer

"Bad or missing keyboard. Press F1 to continue"

"We have been having trouble with the email system, but we believe it has been resolved. If you are still having trouble with your email, please contact the help desk (helpdesk@thecompany.com). Thank you."
darvit
Haha, I like the grandfather one! Laughing

Anyway, I found this on a [now defunct] Lord of the Rings fansite:
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad." Laughing
Captain Fertile
darvit wrote:
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad." Laughing

That one made me smile - Ilike it!
sonofmorris
"walk softly, and carry a big gun"

i get most of my catch-phrases from my hobby (warhammer) they come up with all these kick ass one liners that seem to do a good job on sigs, msn's, dp's and the like

jamo
sonofmorris
radel
Here are 2 more i found at one of the forum boards i frequently visit.

Quote:
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

Quote:
If at first you don’t succeed, call it version 1.0
psycosquirrel
"I am unable to connect the right front speaker ... to the xbox since it apparently has a VGA connection to the subwoofer."

^from someone's sig, quoting a thread in another forum I regular in. Really funny if you are a computer geek like me...
scotty
Captain Fertile wrote:
In about 1995 I saw the BEST sig line I have ever read (and I have since used it myself from time to time):

Laughing Laughing

Love that. My other favourite would be:

"There is no replacement for displacement." or that one about a perfect race car breaks after it crosses the finish line. They are just cool quotes which are fun!
Captain Fertile
A couple of good ones about women:

"Women are like dog turds, the older they get the easier they are to pick up" - came from a bloodhound gang song as I recall.

"Women are like fine wine, I can't get their tops off!!" - I don't recall where that came from but it came back to my mind while I was writing in another thread a few minutes ago.
Duncan Idaho
The only difference between drowning in a pool of water and drowning in the ocean; is that in the pool of water, the only part of you that get's wet is the inside.
Captain Fertile
Duncan Idaho wrote:
The only difference between drowning in a pool of water and drowning in the ocean; is that in the pool of water, the only part of you that get's wet is the inside.

Phew! That one is hard work! Laughing
bartdou
The Master said, "Fine words and an insinuating appearance are seldom associated with true virtue."
justnewbie
I remembered this from a gaming forum..
"You come in peace, but you go back in pieces."
theLOGANhole
My Favorite quote which is non computer at all is.

It's actually derived from latin. I really like it though it is like:

"He Conquers, Who Conquers Himself"
saratdear
I actually love everyone of the image signatures of morpheus, one of our admins.
Other than that, another one which I liked was :-

'The statement below is true.
The statement above is false'
catscratches
'This is a lie.'

Like stuff like that Razz
rightclickscott
radel wrote:
I've been a member of many forums and have seen many clever, inspiring and clever signature lines.

I think that's an awfully arrogant thing to say. I have no clue who you are and I'm hardly inspired.

There are plenty of good lines out there, but I've usually only picked quotes that either I've said or someone has said about me. But probably my favorite line was one from the 1975 Vonnegut classic "Breakfast of Champions," which I used to have as a sig. It was:

What is the purpose of life?
To be
The eyes
And ears
And conscience
Of the Creator of the Universe
You Fool
Revvion
Quote:
"The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better'. So I installed LINUX..."

Really like that one Razz

Some others I saw:

When Obi-wan talked about the dark side of the force who knew he was referring to windows...?

The goal of software engineers it to make bigger, better, idiot proof software.
The goal of the Universe is to make bigger, better idiots.
As a race, the universe is winning.
andy26
I like this one and have used it a thew times. "its nice to be inportant but its more inportant to be nice"
ReubenWilliams
I like oscar wildes, "all of us are in the gutter but some are looking at the stars". I've seen it on a few sigs but I forget who exactly. Most of the sigs that are supposed to be aggresive or like WARNING I KICK ARSE! are fairly pathetic, as if you need to have an aggresive personality to try and dominate your own share of a virtually limitless arena of cyberspace, I think you;ve somewhat missed the point.

Not exactly a sig but I like salvador Dalis "the only diff between me and a madman is that I am not mad"
radel
rightclickscott wrote:
radel wrote:
I've been a member of many forums and have seen many clever, inspiring and clever signature lines.

I think that's an awfully arrogant thing to say. I have no clue who you are and I'm hardly inspired.

Arrogant in what way? And i dont know you either! And i'm not trying to inspire you.

Here's the signature line of an acquaintance of mine:
Quote:

I'm glad I'm not judgmental like all you smug, superficial idiots
Manofgames
Captain Fertile wrote:

Laughing Laughing

Lol, I've herd that before too, perhaps on your sig Wink

My old sig was:
Quote:

Normally, something good would go here, but as I'm the type of lame guy who has no catchphrase, I'm afraid there's no hip, witty comment.

Just plain ultra boring rubbish which you've been suckered into reading Very Happy

Which I thought was quite good, considering I made it up myself. (I know you said not your own, but I couldn't resist)

I also saw a joke once in someone's sig:
Quote:

There was once a young man who, in his youth, professed his desire to become a great writer.

When asked to define "great" he said, "I want to write stuff that the whole world will read, stuff that people will react to on a truly emotional level, stuff that will make them scream, cry, howl in pain and anger!"

He now works for Microsoft, writing error messages.
rightclickscott
radel wrote:
rightclickscott wrote:
radel wrote:

Arrogant in what way? And i dont know you either! And i'm not trying to inspire you.

Huh, I misread it. Sorry about that. I have my stupid moments.
shamy
I prefer "comics"
grimmreaper
My favorite quote is:
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Wink
busman
grimmreaper wrote:
My favorite quote is:
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Wink

Thats pretty damn hilarious Smile
Peterssidan
I have always liked watersoul's signature. It really says something.
Quote:
The grass isn't necessarily any greener on the other side
...sometimes it's just the flowers are in different places.