FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Weird noise

umeshtangnu
Hi
mine system some times hangs for a second or two and during that time mine hard disk indicator is lit after that there is click noise from mine system and everything goes back to normal .there is no regular pattern there would be no problem for weeks but suddenly the system will start to show this problem .
plz help
billybob
umeshtangnu wrote:
Hi
mine system some times hangs for a second or two and during that time mine hard disk indicator is lit after that there is click noise from mine system and everything goes back to normal .there is no regular pattern there would be no problem for weeks but suddenly the system will start to show this problem .
plz help

That may indicate that ur HDD might be on its way out if its not causing you many problems i would not go out and buy your self a new one just make sure you have backups. It also may be worth running a disk check.

Ryan
umeshtangnu
i have checked mine hard disk drive using system mechanic and in built windows tool but it shows no error i have even shown mine hard disk to the seagate service center but it has no problem
rheanna
Run Doctor-Alex and if this doesn't correct the problem then run Hijackthis then post the hijackthis text in here so we can help find your problem. Smile

Doctor Alex - Ad ware and Spy ware Removal

HijackThis
yjwong
A disk defragmenter won't show you the problem. Maybe you should try using SpeedFan (using the S.M.A.R.T. harddisk sensor/monitor) to check whether your hard drive is physically well. If it isn't well, you should demand Seagate the replace the harddisk for you (even if they claim that the hard disk doesn't have any problems).
Kelvin
Is the noise you are talking about similar to that when you first turn on the computer and the HDD boots up? I have a HDD that sporadically boots but recently just got so bad it keeps booting over and over. The data is somewhat still accessible but limited. I've got to replace the HDD cause it can no longer do large file transfers and access certain programs although no bad sectors are visible. It started since a power surge from a lightning strike.
DecayClan
Probably your hdd is at its final days.
But also, check the power supply.
Is your HDD, always getting the power tha tit needs?
Does this happen when you do something heavey, or HDD-Demanding?
umeshtangnu
thanks it all worked out the nut on the circuit board of the hard disk was loose hence the noise