FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

First 10 to win get 10

m-productions
I like the title..it sounds cool..... ok anyway

this contest is a way to promot my new concept demo of my game. the game is called VOLOXES V2.00 CONCEPT.

All you have to do is beat all 10 levels, once this is done youll see a FEEDBACK option clikc that, you will see a message saying it does not work, post here with your comments, (you must post with your comments here) and PM me the code that is found in the text field.

the first 10 of these i get. I will give their owner 10 frih!

game is located HERE
MrBlueSky
When I click Submit nothing happens..
Captain Fertile
What an excellent game!!!!!!! Simple idea that drives you nuts much like Tetris. Well done on coming up with this.And pretty playable, will play more when I get the time.

Just hwanted to say Well Done!
m-productions
it worked for me.. but i didnt seem to get your e-mail... (and it shoulnd give a messgae to you) ..... ill look into this, but ill still give you your frih
Loghete
MrBlueSky wrote:
When I click Submit nothing happens..

Same for me..

But this is what I was trying to post:

Quote:
:frihost Contest:
Good game Smile
Though, the thing you play as should be a little bigger.
I usually hate the steering in these kinds of games, but I could play this game without disturbing me too much on that
TomS
The Feedbackform doesn't work for me, too Sad

Really nice game. I like it. Are you going to release it as standalone game?
Bockman
I wasn't able to complete the feedback form either, so I'll just enter it here (c/p Wink )

Quote:
Great game, although the it being sideways confused me (on which direction to go) when it got faster.
No coupon code, I wasn't here for the FRIH$ ;o)

Be Well Cool
m-productions
ok i found the stuiped (and i mean dumb as heck) the sendAndLoad() command does not work on cross domain names... what this means is.. if i have site a.com and site b.com and all my info is on site a.com ad if the .swf is hosted on site b.com its not allowed to talk to site a.com's php files =( thats why its not working... but you still all get frih...keep the comments coming please.
xorcist
I just finished the game but I tried to click the submit button and came back here and saw that everyone else was having the problem to. I like the game it just needs to have more levels and maybe have different colors for different levels.
m-productions
like it says at the end, there will be over 100 levels... and different areas will have different themes, which means different blocks and backgrounds.
Captain Fertile
I have completed the levels, no joy submitting feedback so I will attach a screenshot here to prove I completed it (once Image SHack gets out of its huff!!!).

GREAT game, highly addictive, just the right difficulty to keep me interested. Loved it mate - Thanks for that.
m-productions
THanks...and I wish you could have heard the music... sadlt the host that has the mp3 isnt up =( anyway, I attempted to send you some frih, but it said "you can not sent so many posts in this ammount of time" or somthine like that... im not sure if it hit it twice.. or what, let me know if you got it, if not ill send them.
rheanna
Laughing Cool game! That can be addicting.. lmao I had to get out there or i'll get nothing done.. Cool Twisted Evil
hsadmin
Great game.. PM sent with the code.. And I can get proof again by playing again.. That last level made me mad.. I missed one of the dirty blocks on the last turn. Confused
m-productions
It is now hosted at http://www.voloxes.com so you may play it there (note I have not installed the php scripts for it yet..so you still need to do as the instructions say.
endless
great game!
i've beaten it for 3 times so far Razz
Azmo
Great game, did send you the code for completed game, I would play this game even if there were no frih awards for it, realy fun, waiting for more levels Smile
reddishblue
You sir, have lot's of potential.
So much so, that I have this full review lined up for you.

VOLOXES V2.00 CONCEPT
Created by m-productions

Gameplay: Reeks of retro, but is still original, very fun, you have to move a block over some icometric squares, which light up, and then collapse, and unless you move, with you onboard, moves very fast, slippery blocks didn't really seem quite slippery enough, and they don't make the game all that much harder, make them more slippery!

Graphics: With the exception of the cube that you use, this could have been made for the Nintendo DS, they really are that good, I really dig the fading effect, and the slippery blocks look very nice, like some cleaner decided to call it quits, and have a little revenge too. I do however recemmend a new sprite for the player character though, it looks pixelly and a bit messed up. Perhaps you should add a glow to the outside of it.

Sound: Really enhances the gameplay, feels like soft techno, and feels like it was made for this game, was it? I didn't notice any sound effects though...good, never add them, they make even good games seem like crap.
Edit: I just noticed the sound effect for the block dropping Razz

Originality: I don't think you made the concept for this, but it feels original anyway, and the general concept just feels so new, that I have to give it a good score for this.

Value: I think this could go the way of Linerider, to beat a tough level is just generally pleasing, as with most puzzle games, it doesn't have any secrets or stuff like that, but this game is a great time killer, it would be better in this respect if you gave it a level editor and more kinds of block to roll over. And maybe an option to change the music, which would be very cool.
I see you are already on the road to level editerdome. Keep it up, I hope to see a completed one.

General Comments: I think I said it all already...so...skippy.

Scores:
Gameplay: 4.5/5
Graphics: 4/5 (you really need to fix the cube)
Sound: 4/5 (need more songs)
Originality: 3/5 (it just felt so simular to some game in my past)
Value: 5/5 (Just...perfect)

But the scores don't matter, it's the improvement that does, so keep it up, and make sure to put the level editer in.

Reddish Cool
McDucque
I kicked this games butt once, and I did it again... hopefully im not too late, dagnabbit =P

fun stuff. Reminds me of Marble Madness...and Q*Bert
m-productions
reddishblue wrote:
You sir, have lot's of potential.
So much so, that I have this full review lined up for you.

VOLOXES V2.00 CONCEPT
Created by m-productions

Gameplay: Reeks of retro, but is still original, very fun, you have to move a block over some icometric squares, which light up, and then collapse, and unless you move, with you onboard, moves very fast, slippery blocks didn't really seem quite slippery enough, and they don't make the game all that much harder, make them more slippery!

Graphics: With the exception of the cube that you use, this could have been made for the Nintendo DS, they really are that good, I really dig the fading effect, and the slippery blocks look very nice, like some cleaner decided to call it quits, and have a little revenge too. I do however recemmend a new sprite for the player character though, it looks pixelly and a bit messed up. Perhaps you should add a glow to the outside of it.

Sound: Really enhances the gameplay, feels like soft techno, and feels like it was made for this game, was it? I didn't notice any sound effects though...good, never add them, they make even good games seem like crap.
Edit: I just noticed the sound effect for the block dropping Razz

Originality: I don't think you made the concept for this, but it feels original anyway, and the general concept just feels so new, that I have to give it a good score for this.

Value: I think this could go the way of Linerider, to beat a tough level is just generally pleasing, as with most puzzle games, it doesn't have any secrets or stuff like that, but this game is a great time killer, it would be better in this respect if you gave it a level editor and more kinds of block to roll over. And maybe an option to change the music, which would be very cool.
I see you are already on the road to level editerdome. Keep it up, I hope to see a completed one.

General Comments: I think I said it all already...so...skippy.

Scores:
Gameplay: 4.5/5
Graphics: 4/5 (you really need to fix the cube)
Sound: 4/5 (need more songs)
Originality: 3/5 (it just felt so simular to some game in my past)
Value: 5/5 (Just...perfect)

But the scores don't matter, it's the improvement that does, so keep it up, and make sure to put the level editer in.

Reddish Cool

Well thank you very much for that!!!!

The idea of this game was of my own, I started it a long time ago
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/48960951/?qo=4&q=by%3Am-productions&qh=sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps
that is the very first one I made, I have never seen another game just like mine, but then again with all the games out there nowadays, its hard to find something 100% unique but i did try to.

As for the slippery block, they are in fact slim blocks, and slow you down. however a slippery block isnt that bad of an idea ^_~ lol.

as for the music, Yes, it needs a lot more music, I already have a few levels down for the next round, but its using the same music, Im still looking for a good sound for the next round (I only use unique/ original music from the newgrounds audio portal, (no remakes of songs) in this version of voloxes.

As for the square, I have had a lot of people give different ideas, make it bigger, make it smaller, change color... ect, I just dont know what im going to do with it... i duno if i want ot make it a nicer looking square... or.. make some character... im not sure..

Anyway, thank you very much for that redishblue! im very glad you injoyed my game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, this was a really old contest (dont worry, its still good people, 10 people havnt won) but sense then, its now been played at www.voloxes.com (tho there isnt anything in that version thats not in the one you all played.

anyway, sending out frih$ now.

Edit: im actully glad someone bump this thread, it got me working on voloxes again, my friend is working on a nice character (we are thinking like a small block with legs... not sure yet) and im working on the level editor, the good thing about this is, im going to use a isometric tile based system now, so im going to use my own editor to make the levels now =)-
the only problem with this is, im not sure how the transistion of each level would work then...
GSIS
Nice game. No time to play it, though. Sad

I'll be back but, I have no doubt, not in time to claim 10 Frih!
Hammy
'First 10 to win get 10'

Great Game man. I'm actually glad it only had 10 levels else i'd of been here all day playing it lol :p. But i'd love to seeit get some more. and perhaps like a surggesting in my other post, a block that doesnt sink? =]

Hammy.
hunnyhiteshseth
Hi I completed all 10 levels. This game is quite addictive.
However, I have seen it before, I dont remember wheree, may be at miniclips.com

But yes, levels are quite good & chalenging.

Keep on doing the good work.
m-productions
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
Note this will not work on DA

Nope, iv only placed this game on DA and on my website.

also you need to remove the code. thats to be PMed
hunnyhiteshseth
m-productions wrote:
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:

I am not saying exactly this game, but a very similar game on this concept only.
m-productions
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
m-productions wrote:
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:

I am not saying exactly this game, but a very similar game on this concept only.

I just checked out miniclips didnt see one like this, as far as I have seen, and all my friends, there is no other game like this (where you have to clear the blocks, you go faster, and they fall) Theres only been one game, and they stole my game actually, (I had to contact the site admin, and they removed the game and banned the user)
hunnyhiteshseth
m-productions wrote:
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
m-productions wrote:
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:

I just checked out miniclips didnt see one like this, as far as I have seen, and all my friends, there is no other game like this (where you have to clear the blocks, you go faster, and they fall) Theres only been one game, and they stole my game actually, (I had to contact the site admin, and they removed the game and banned the user)

Then it may be figment of my imagination. In that case, best of luck for your game.
Urban
Very nice where can we play the others levels? PM SENT.
divinitywolf
Area 2/level 11 is impossibly hard! i think it should increase slower in difficulty because its just stupidly hard.
ftv_flung
:frih 28Xd1: - my name was "FTV_FLUNG"
m-productions
haha .. I didnt even know the version on DA had level 11.. but if it does.. it has a crapy random level.. so yeah.. it is impossible...

and ftv, you need to edit your post, and PM me for the price.
ninjakannon
divinitywolf wrote:
Area 2/level 11 is impossibly hard! i think it should increase slower in difficulty because its just stupidly hard.

How do you get to Area 2?! I went and completed Area 1 twice more on there to find it and couldn't. Razz

I find the hardest level in Area 1 is level 8. Levels 9 and 10 are pretty easy, 10 especially. Oh, and I love the background music!! m-productions, this game is excellent; it looks professional, sounds professional, plays well... smells professional... (Okay, I'm going too far again aren't I?)

I think the most challenging aspect is working out which button to press when you're going quickly. That was my most common mistake, hence why I found level 8 so hard.

Anyway, thumbs up to this - I'm very impressed. Now if only I'd had that idea! But I'm busy with another project on Flash at the moment and it seems to be consuming most of my time. ^_^

EDIT: I want that music, anywhere I can download it? ie, wherever the game loads it from. Cool