FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A photo of me & my Lambretta !

wellerchap
Greetings to everyone, I've just joined these forums...I'm from England, love riding my Lambretta & good music.
Cool
Ghost900
Weclome to the forums wellerchap.

Those look like Mini motorcycles. Must be fun too drive. Very Happy
skynet
Nice Lambretta you have there.
It's kind of motorcycle, or what?
wellerchap
They're not too small (I'm 6'3" tall, so maybe make it look smaller than it is! Smile
rheanna
At first I thought it was a car.. Then I was disappointed ;o)

Lamborghini's are hot
Tumbleweed
Hey wellerchap ... have you got jam shoes to go with that hairdrier ? Razz
tidruG
The Lambretta!
Well, that was my dad's first scooter (it actually belonged to my grand-dad, but my dad used to sneak it out when no one was looking, apparently).
I'm surprised to see one in such good shape, though... or do they still manufacture those in England?
(they stopped making them here in India long back)
Captain Fertile
With your user name and your mode of transport I take it that I am pretty safe to say you are into the Mod style of things.

Nice to meet another user from the UK. I too live in England.
wellerchap
Tumbleweed wrote:
Hey wellerchap ... have you got jam shoes to go with that hairdrier ? Razz

You can still buy those, but I never had any....they're a bit too bright for my taste Smile
wellerchap
tidruG wrote:
The Lambretta!
Well, that was my dad's first scooter (it actually belonged to my grand-dad, but my dad used to sneak it out when no one was looking, apparently).
I'm surprised to see one in such good shape, though... or do they still manufacture those in England?

The one you see in the photo is Indian....from 1985.
I restored it myself about 3 years ago, but with our poor weathwer, and 30,000 miles done in that time, it's looking a little tired now, so maybe soon I'll restore it again.
The old one in the shed is 1958 from Italy.

There are companies in England that fly out to India still to buy up old Lambrettas, ship to the UK and sell on for restoration.
wellerchap
Captain Fertile wrote:
With your user name and your mode of transport I take it that I am pretty safe to say you are into the Mod style of things.

Nice to meet another user from the UK. I too live in England.

Hi Captain Fertile (remind me not to get too close to you, with a name like that Very Happy ) ....yep, I live near Wakefield in Yorkshire. There's a thriving scooter/mod scene here, mainly 30-40 somethings getting back into it all after seeing off their motgages (or wives/children!)...I've been into it from the late 70's....Mrs Wellerchap never managed to rid me of the interest !
Have a great weekend, mate.
tidruG
wellerchap wrote:
tidruG wrote:
The Lambretta!

The one you see in the photo is Indian....from 1985.
I restored it myself about 3 years ago, but with our poor weathwer, and 30,000 miles done in that time, it's looking a little tired now, so maybe soon I'll restore it again.
The old one in the shed is 1958 from Italy.

There are companies in England that fly out to India still to buy up old Lambrettas, ship to the UK and sell on for restoration.

Oh, that's interesting. Do they not manufacture Lambrettas in the UK at all?

By the way, you're going to have to avoid double posting (making consecutive posts in the same thread). This is actually against the forum rules. Smile
wellerchap
tidruG wrote:
Oh, that's interesting. Do they not manufacture Lambrettas in the UK at all?

No, lots of workshops import old Lambrettas & restore them back to original, showroom condition, but they were never made here. Italy, Spain, India & one or two other countries under license is where they were manufactured, but Britain is now probably the major market in the world where the craze still lives on in any size.

tidruG wrote:
By the way, you're going to have to avoid double posting (making consecutive posts in the same thread). This is actually against the forum rules. Smile

Yes, I realise that now....I was a newcomer when I posted those replies & hadn't known the rules, as on other forums I frequesnt there are no such problems....thanks for pointing this out.