FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Please review my site's usability






Rate my site out of 5
1/5
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
2/5
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
3/5
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
4/5
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
5/5
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

asianwannabe999
Hi all,

My new site http://www.pwn3rstc.com/pwn3rstc is up and running finally!
I'm using Joomla to manage the site.

Please critique the template and module placement, as well as font/color scheme issues and such. Is the menu easy to use? Is it easy to navigate around?

Thanks.
{name here}
Okay. Nice that you didn't use Flash. You might want to seperate the menu a little better and try to convert as much as possible to a div based design for web crawlers and the blind as well as the W3C.
GB
I think your site has a good start. However, I would think about a few things before you go live:

1. What is pwn? What is pwning? In the about us welcome on the home page it says that it may have something to do with running, but it sounds like it is more than that. Also, there aren't any graphics that show what you are talking about. I think that would help a lot.

2. There is a big blank area at the top of your page. Perfect spot for an image that would help tell the user what your site is all about and to help set the tone of the overall presentation.

3. The shopping cart is empty when I am at the homepage generally. Could that be taken off the homepage? Right now, it seems like it is just taking up precious top screen real estate.

4. I would add in some more graphics to break up that text a bit. For example, when you get your store up and going, you could have a featured product complete with a photo and description. You could also have photos of your events or even a user submitted photo section. This may help to unify you as a group.

5. More content! You have a great start, however, before I publish this and get people to come, I'd work on getting a backlog of good articles going so that your users have a reason to keep coming back.

It looks like you have a great start, now starts the difficult part of the journey: getting content and people to come to your site. Good luck!
pll
Really Simple. Easy to find what we want. The only thing I don't know is pwning!

I voted 5!
Marston
Might want to establish exactly what your website is about.
rheanna
Cool Very Nice job.. I think it's cute ;o) I like the stick figures...
Donutey
It's an excellent design, however I would consider moving the "site features" section to somewhere other than the main page, or integrate the explanations at tooltips in your menu.
Bengt
It looks very good on the way. It could be improved a bit though. The navigation should stick out just a little bit more, for example. But only just a bit.
Dragate
AWESOME SITE.

I should join this site.

FOR YOU ALL NUBS OUT THERE XD pwn is just another gamer way of spelling own~ XDD so that's why you don't get to join the club, becuase you don't pwn XD

Ke very nice headder//banner, for that person who said it's empty I dissagree. It's very appropriate for the subject!

Just only thing i would recommend, make the menu side stand out more with some background image or something like maybe a divider between the menu and the content!

VERY NICE SITE.

Have fun with it man.
vw_bugg
Dragate wrote:
AWESOME SITE.

I should join this site.

FOR YOU ALL NUBS OUT THERE XD pwn is just another gamer way of spelling own~ XDD so that's why you don't get to join the club, becuase you don't pwn XD

Ke very nice headder//banner, for that person who said it's empty I dissagree. It's very appropriate for the subject!

Just only thing i would recommend, make the menu side stand out more with some background image or something like maybe a divider between the menu and the content!

VERY NICE SITE.

Have fun with it man.


Forgive me for being dense but i still don't understand what "pwning" is?

Can someone explain it in plain English... The site doesn't. Other than the lack of explanation of what pwning is the site seems very usable.
{name here}
vw_bugg wrote:
Dragate wrote:
AWESOME SITE.

I should join this site.

FOR YOU ALL NUBS OUT THERE XD pwn is just another gamer way of spelling own~ XDD so that's why you don't get to join the club, becuase you don't pwn XD

Ke very nice headder//banner, for that person who said it's empty I dissagree. It's very appropriate for the subject!

Just only thing i would recommend, make the menu side stand out more with some background image or something like maybe a divider between the menu and the content!

VERY NICE SITE.

Have fun with it man.


Forgive me for being dense but i still don't understand what "pwning" is?

Can someone explain it in plain English... The site doesn't. Other than the lack of explanation of what pwning is the site seems very usable.

Say you're playing a game like counter-strike. You're dawdling around not doing really particularily anything that would help your team other than scouting around. All of a sudden somebody shoots you with a sniper rifle from quite a long distance away without your knowledge. That is pwning, and in most online communities it is generally understood by all players.
vw_bugg
{name here} wrote:

Say you're playing a game like counter-strike. You're dawdling around not doing really particularily anything that would help your team other than scouting around. All of a sudden somebody shoots you with a sniper rifle from quite a long distance away without your knowledge. That is pwning, and in most online communities it is generally understood by all players.


I play a lot of online games and have never heard that term before.

Maybe that sould go in to your faqs.
Donutey
Quote:
It's your job as a member of PTC to make this site better. We need everyone to contribute.


I strongly disagree with that statement, users come to a site because of content or service that you offer, you can't expect people just to post because you have a forum, you need to give them something to post about.
gh0strec0n_legit
You should make it more colorful and usere friendly black is so blah...but very well organized.
knightandre
The design is nice, but very busy. Immediately upon opening the page, I see at least 15 links, a shopping cart, two separate articles, and a log-in pane. Not that these elements can't work together, but as the site is now, it is unclear what I should do first. Why do the FAQs and news have two or three links each? In my opinion, if you left the navigation to the left, made the articles be alone width-wide, and moved the shopping cart, it would be a lot better.
GB
Donutey wrote:
I strongly disagree with that statement, users come to a site because of content or service that you offer, you can't expect people just to post because you have a forum, you need to give them something to post about.


This quote needs to be engraved in stone and put at the top of every frihost page and written in to the TOS.

Well said, Donutey.
Dragate
vw_bugg wrote:
{name here} wrote:

Say you're playing a game like counter-strike. You're dawdling around not doing really particularily anything that would help your team other than scouting around. All of a sudden somebody shoots you with a sniper rifle from quite a long distance away without your knowledge. That is pwning, and in most online communities it is generally understood by all players.


I play a lot of online games and have never heard that term before.

Maybe that sould go in to your faqs.


It's a funny way of spelling own. Owning someone means you have done something utterly unbelievable or just something above average quite a bit that is very satisfying to watch. It usually invloves in the deaths of others, how you killed them, or disses. Let's say I say some really bad diss to you and you come back with an utterly insane diss taht makes me speachless. That's an own, or pwn.

knightandre wrote:
The design is nice, but very busy. Immediately upon opening the page, I see at least 15 links, a shopping cart, two separate articles, and a log-in pane. Not that these elements can't work together, but as the site is now, it is unclear what I should do first. Why do the FAQs and news have two or three links each? In my opinion, if you left the navigation to the left, made the articles be alone width-wide, and moved the shopping cart, it would be a lot better.


This site is not finished. And again, this site is just tottaly random. It's plain and simple and if you're like me and you understand what it's about, it's not noob at all.
sure everything looks empty, but that suits the situation.
starfish2007
i am a blind user who uses a sckreen reader to read the text on the screen and i found your site lay out very eazy tonavagate though i am alsolost as to what the topick of it is about all about
Related topics
Please Review This.....
Autosurf Review Site
My review site
Please review My Dating site !!
Free advertising & Review site
Free hardware to review
www.oruroonline.com review please
My Arcade gaming site[new!!!]
Funny Emails - Please visit
please review my site, heads in space games.
please review this my site
Please review my church site
Desktop Contest - please review!
Twilight Gamers - Game review site and forum.
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Webmaster and Internet -> Design Tips

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.