FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Imagine: FFVII Ps3 version with online.

eLto
Allright, here's the deal. I just thought of a new concept, and decided to share it. Not only because it's cool, but I don't feel like opening notepad to save it. This'll do Wink

Anyways, Remember Diablo II - Lord Of Destruction?
It has online capabilities that work with the single player story, so why not do kind of the same thing with FFVII?
Allright, imagine this. You can't play as cloud or anyone like that, but this will still be interesting. Read on. You start in the same place as in FFVII. The slums. At the train. You are accompanied by NPCs working along with you, and filling you in on the story. once Barret asks your name, you get to customize yourself, starting however, in the soldier outfit. You fight, and eventually fight your way out of midgar. The cities in the slums are filled with Player characters, doing the same "quests" as you, and would join your party in this more story-driven online rpg.

Once you get out of Midgar, you're on your own. Based like WoW and not Guild Wars, the entire map is nearly seamless and full of life, and characters. You can do lots of mini quests and gather XP, but the main story continues in Kalm. Kinda like Diablo 2, eh?

However, I'm not sure how the vehicles would work out, or the battles with the WEAPONS would be. The latter would probably work as an instance, allowing you to do it multiple times, like in WoW.

I'm guessing what this game would be, would in theory be a clash of WoW and Diablo 2, all packed in a FFVII world and setting. However, if Square Enix played their cards right, a game like this, unique enough to be an FF, and not be called a ripoff would sell millions of copies. I'm guessing it might even be able to compete at the top along with WoW....

Anyone like this idea? just popped into my head and I had to share it, as I'd love to see a game like that myself sometime. It would RoXxXoR my BoXxXoR!!!!!1123
ShawnKelfonne
Ummm.... no.

There's already an online Final Fantasy game with a huge world and a bunch of quests to gain XP. It's called FF XI. I also personally can't understand why people won't let FFVII rest for a while. Everybody said they wanted more FFVII, and look what you got, Dirge of Cerberus.

FFVII was a decent game. Not amazing, only above average. The only reason people slobber over it all the time is because for many people, it was the first FF game that they played. (As a corrolary to this, FFVIII seems to get a bad rap simply because it wasn't FFVII again. I'm sure if FFVIII were one of the later entries in the series, and didn't come right after VII, it would've done much better)

Personally, I'd rather see Square-Enix focus on new stories, rather than re-doing the ones we've already heard. Give me a new FF, a new DQ, hell, a new Lufia, or gasp, something new entirely, and I'll be extremely happy.
votd
I disagree with you. FFVII was not an average game. It was the best jRPG of its time, so you can't say about it as an average.

It's just a lie, because no one ever said about FFVII something like that. The great storyline and graphics are just too great to be average! Well if you look in 2007 it's average, but in 1997 it was the best game ever.

But it's not destined to be online. I would say - remake, but not online. It's just not MMORPG. If you make MMORPG out of it - it won't be FFVII anymore. Just that.

I think remake and new scenarios would do the job! But SE decides about it.
eLto
so, Imagine it in more style of Diablo2, chat rooms where you join up with people and make parties. One way of doing it could be that everyone in the server/instance takes role of one FFVII char.

Or not, you know, just an idea....
Vinas
Just reading the fsecond paragraph of what you wrote reminded me too much of Guild Wars. An MMORPG with single player instances. It would be pretty much a rip of what ArenaNet have done. Don't get me wrong, I loved Guild Wars, but it just wouldn't be right.
eLto
Well, ArenaNet is mainly put together by the same people that developed diablo 2 up until version 1.12, so I expect there to be some similarities, yes Smile

Just imagine this, in an own way, with an interactive, ever growing Final Fantasy VII world to explore!
Octaeder
Quote:
Everybody said they wanted more FFVII, and look what you got, Dirge of Cerberus.

Yeah I think it's about time we all let FFVII just die... Don't get me wrong I loved the game... And if it were remade with a complete graphical remake etc. I'd probably buy it, even though I'm sure I'd be disappointed by the vocal artists etc.

But the spinoffs have been largely rubbish... Including Advent Children, which just seemed to be a waste of potential...
roninmedia
Seriously, the only final fantasy game that could be remade intoa MMORPG would be Final Fantasy Tactics. But at it's heart, it is like the majority of rpgs out there, like say Final Fantasy XI. It has to do something else to spice up the idea.
TruPain
votd wrote:
I disagree with you. FFVII was not an average game. It was the best jRPG of its time, so you can't say about it as an average.

It's just a lie, because no one ever said about FFVII something like that. The great storyline and graphics are just too great to be average! Well if you look in 2007 it's average, but in 1997 it was the best game ever.

But it's not destined to be online. I would say - remake, but not online. It's just not MMORPG. If you make MMORPG out of it - it won't be FFVII anymore. Just that.

I think remake and new scenarios would do the job! But SE decides about it.

While FFVII was a good game, what sets it out in front is the graphics and size of the game at it's release. Solid storyline, involving story, graphics, music(one of the best game sountracks even today!)... and it was for the PlayStation... but...

You have to realize that the biggest reason why FFVII got the huge reveiws that it did, was basically because that is when US gamers actually started playing RPG games (This was my wifes first RPG ever and she talks about how great it was). It is when the US gamers realized that there was more to a game than side scrolling jumping action.
If you remember Ultima: Exodus for the nes or Dragon Warrior, those are some of the first RPGs that really grabbed peoples attentions(yes I left out D&D for the Atari for a reason)... but it wasn't a huge market for that type of game.

So many people that play RPGs now, have missed out on sooo many good games, that now they either have to spend quite a bit of money to buy the game or they rely on emulation.

I have not played FFXI and have no intention on doing so... the FF series is a fun game to play on a console... by myself... I think that game is bad for the FF series just because they took the online route... they should have given it a different name rather than Final Fantasy... I will say that I lost respect for FF because of that move...
rheanna
I forgot about Diablio lol (Maybe on purpose). Diablio I,II are not as interesting anymore as the other games.

Final Fantasy Rulez Cool , Just like resident Evil I-IV, Silent Hill I-IV, Quake I-IV, Area 51, Prey, F.E.A.R. Combat is MRPG(Got my butt whooped a couple of times). Only games I will play and see me online. (Handle-Manhater)

I won't even bother with RPG's anymore
Vinas
Final Fantasy XI failed instantly (for me). The whole setup of it (camera, controls, etc) were flawed and turned me right off the game. I still have it though, I loves my Final Fantasy games, even if they didn't live up to expectations. Razz

Yeah, I think it's about time that we let FFVII die out. It's had so much done for it these past years when you think about it. Dirge of Cerberus, Crisis Core, Before Crisis and Advent Children. To be honest, I'm tiring of the story thanks to all of these. Personally I think they should just carry on doing what they always do; release NEW ones. A new story, new characters and a new gaming experience. I was so thankful when I first heard there was a FFXII being released, and even more so when I heard about XIII.
b4r4t
FFVII + Online = new storyline etc ... NO!

The only think that would be great is ... this same, old FFVII , this same storyline but graphic for PS2/PS3 (two versions) ...
Why ? Just to giv the young players ability to enioy any aspect of this game ... when i was playing FFVII 1st time, it was NEW thing ... awsome graphic etc...
Why 12-16yo ppls can't feel this same thing ? For them graphic is important ...
There was a chance ... before the FFVI Advent Children movie ... I'm sure that lot of young players was unable to understand movie because dhey haven't play the game ... and the ability to play it with new graphic ... that can be BIG COMMERCIAL for FFVII:AC ... but SQUERE screwed it ...
ddukki
Well, I think that a FFVII MMORPG would have its highs and lows. It'll never amount to the original, but if the gameplay had new techniques and employed a full control of the character to do the things in the movie, you'd have a hit. I don't know if the online could handle that, but it's a start.

Also, I'd love to see a game where you could be an MP and work your way up the ranks to SOLDIER 1st Class.
QrafTee
I love Final Fantasy VII, but you fanboys are killing it by milking the franchise to death. Advent Children was good, so was Last Order. A remake would be nice, but stop milking the franchise. Let classics stay classics.
eday2010
Final Fantasy VII wasn't that great. It was good, and when it first came out it was amazing, but today it's just okay. Once FF VIII came out, it made VII look like an ugly sibling. IX did the same thing. People rave about the story in VII, but I didn't find it all that great. For me, IX had the bext story of the three. I like my Final Fantasy games to be set in a fantasy setting.
Pikokola
Quote:
I love Final Fantasy VII, but you fanboys are killing it by milking the franchise to death. Advent Children was good, so was Last Order. A remake would be nice, but stop milking the franchise. Let classics stay classics.

agree... I prefer playing FFVII on Playstation than watching Advent Childern, actually I feel something missing when watching Advent childern, but I didn't know What it is, maybe thos "tuing" sound when you press x button ^^ (but I prefer Tifa on Advent Childern ^^)

Moreover Diege of Cerberus... It's looks like watching Alexandria Eidolon (Final Fantasy IX) Revived and get beaten up by Vincent (heh? vincent right? that vampire name...)
Kelcey
FF7 was offline the first time around. If there was a second time around, it should sitll be offline if it's a remake..
toasterintheoven
final fantasy xiv is going to be better
Alerrandre
Final Fantasy always a big game...
rayxzero
They should not make the online as part of the series, it is a different title.