FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Terry Brooks

ohmsford
Has anybody read the novels and trilogies by Terry Brooks?

The Sword of Shannara
The First Kind of Shannara

Or my favorite..."The Talismans of Shannara."

Those books are all my favorites because of the "excitement" behind it all. It leads up until the end with suspense and excitement and then BAM! it gets you in the end feeling either hurt, suprised, happy, or just plain out sad at by what happens to the characters.

Terry Brooks has also written the novel for Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace (My favorite version of the novel).

^_^'
creakinator
Have you read his Landover series? Magic Kingdom for Sale is the first one. Good series at the beginning.

If you like Terry Brooks, you might like Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series. The first book is Wizard's First Rule. I got my sister, two nieces and a couple of their friends hooked on him. Very good writer.

Also read Tolkein books, if you like Brooks books.

Christy
ohmsford
Yeah, I've read his Landover Series. Smile
My dad tried getting me into the Terry Goodkind books, but I just got rather bored, so I reverted back to Terry Brooks once more.

Another good book is The Amulet of Samarkland (I don't remember who wrote it.) It is a tad childish, but it is a great fat book nonetheless. Good read in between my programming. ^_^'

I am in fact creating a roleplay based on the Sword of Shannara series for the web, it will have races, handmade forums for roleplays, and other fun fun fun stuff. ^_^
sondosia
I've read all the Shannara books except the last one, I think. I can't get ahold of it for some reason.

~M~
izeigler
I'm still going through them but they're a good read.
blk3
creakinator wrote:
Have you read his Landover series? Magic Kingdom for Sale is the first one. Good series at the beginning.

If you like Terry Brooks, you might like Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series. The first book is Wizard's First Rule. I got my sister, two nieces and a couple of their friends hooked on him. Very good writer.

Also read Tolkein books, if you like Brooks books.

Christy

You ought to be careful what you recommend to your neices (or any young people), as far as I know I've also read Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series and I might say that some of the subject matter in the book is a little bit for adults only.